Any 100% purple strains known?

I like/want purple, but it seems like theres a lotta genes working together with temperature to make it happen. Every purple strain I see, there’s fine print saying “most” plants will have purple/red somewhere. Or you google images of the plant, and there are a lotta green ones.

So,… Is there no such a thing as a purple plant, that is ALWAYS purple, EVERY time? buds or leaves. Preferably buds. Even more preferably, both buds and leaves…? When I buy purple podded pole beans, they are purple every single time without exception. Maybe we haven’t found that gene in cannabis, or maybe it’s hiding in some old purple variety, or already readily available, and I just dont know about it yet. Ya dig?

13 Likes

I think mendocino purps is what your looking for . I don’t think you’ll find a plant that’s 100% purple veg through flower . The buds will be purple and stems .leafs will turn purple at the end .
Humboldt csi has s1 seeds. Some plants will be purple more than others that’s why you’ll want to clone a plant you like and keep it.
Bubba kush pretty 98 and purple urkle will have purple buds but mendocino purps will be the darkest purple I think.

9 Likes

finishing purple 100% of the time is a must. I don’t care about from seed so much… I just want consistently. I’d rather have a slightly purple that is consistently purple(caused by fixed genes), than some combination of dominant genes that can never come full circle to consistency some day. I would like to forget about purple all together, or have some shade of purple every single time.

5 Likes

enough people were looking for genetic stripe bearded dragons, that one day, it happened. Lot of them had stripes before, but never passed it on more than being Tall and breeding with Tall people. It wasn’t “fixed”.

3 Likes

Purple Voodoo never let me down on its color but like @Hugh_Glass said it will be hard to find one that 100% purple all the time. I had a Purple Voodoo turn almost black. I sure hope you find what you’re looking for.

11 Likes

That’s wild! I like it.
There are allot of purple budded plants Google images will point you in the proper direction.

3 Likes

I had an almost black baby newberry this spring. I almost froze it to death. It turned green once it got outside. Then showed his ballz and had an accident. hehehe

4 Likes

There are countless genes that are fixed. I am just asking if it exists in purple cannabis. If not, it will eventually through numbers, and mutation.

Thats the whole point of the thread. I wanna know if theres a fixed purple gene of any kind. 100%. It can, and will exist. I dont know enough about strains and such. I hope there are a few old landraces or something. I was asking, because I like genetics. I wanna breed our plant.

1 Like

What I suspect, but hope isn’t true, is that we have a shit ton of simple domant purp genes floating around. Purple dad will make 50% purple babies, and if put to a purple female, with make 75% purple babies. If you get 2 simple dominant genes and crush them together enough times, you’ll cut that green in half and have mostly purple of all shades(sweetseeds?). I dont want those messy genes. I only want purple if there is a 100%, and they can and will exist.

U can never fix some simple dominant genes

1 Like

Why is it so important that you find a breed with this trait rather than a clone?

1 Like

I want to breed them. Desperately. I dont want to introduce a clusterfuk with random purples.

1 Like

phenos are mostly shit that the origonal tomato breeders had to deal with. Our kids will grow hybrids. I wanna do what I can now, because it interests me. I will give my seeds away(minus postage) if I ever get there.

4 Likes

Fair enough . That’s as good a reason of any .

2 Likes

"T-I-M-E-O-U-T!!! How did this topic go sideways??? @Hugh_Glass was ONLY stating FACTS…how would that cause so much caustic responses? I’ve got a fresh supply of Chill Pills…anyone want some? You don’t have to agree, but, “DAMN”!!! Stay safe/be well.

6 Likes

we worked that mess out anyway, so all is well. Unless I should be jumping into a hole to hide? I am on your team. ALL of you.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about Albino kids but I can tell you that Purple Unicorn by Bodhi is what you seek. Not only are they as purple as it gets but it is also really nice and potent with very good yields.

5 Likes

The buds are 100% purple. In fact even the trichs are purple.
I have run Skywalker x PU F3 and Mother’s Milk #31 x PU F3 and all the females from both were purple.

24 Likes

You could try some grand daddy purp but even that grows green sometimes.

7 Likes

looks delicious. how many did you run?

1 Like