Any idea what happened here

Same plants. Both from clones. Started outside and moved inside around a month old. On day 28 of flower.

7 Likes

Inferiority complex. :thinking: / :rofl:

Plants still look great there @SirFur !

5 Likes

were they transplanted then flipped? Might be transplant shock

2 Likes

Transplanted and let adjust for about 6 weeks. then flipped to flower. Size is biggest discrepancy in them. It’s wild.

3 Likes

Thanks. Second grow. Any acknowledgement is always appreciated.

1 Like

Clean space: :heavy_check_mark:
Organized: :heavy_check_mark:
Happy looking plants: :heavy_check_mark:

You got these covered which is fantastic for a second grow!

:fist_right: :fist_left:

Not wanting to jinx anything, but be warned the only time I’ve done this I ended up battling powdery mildew with the plant brought inside and the grow afterwards.

I had to bleach the fuck out of everything and had to keep my RH% way down for a while after to keep it from surprise showing up again.

To be extra noted it was late august when I brought the plant inside to start testing a new set-up so there was a lot of time for it to have already established on the plant as I ended up with a PM battle outside with the same strain. Sounds like the plant came inside In July so :crossed_fingers: :+1: .

8 Likes

Just say you’re using product-X on the right one or something :laughing:

That is weird. I really don’t like clones.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Your plants look great SirFur.

2 Likes

Putting something inside that’s been out sounds like an invitation for issues. I’ve had issues transferring PM and whiteflys. Sunflowers were the culprit. @SirFur is it possible the had different light exposure? How about root temps? I have transplanted into cool soil. Not cold, just cool. All I could imagine was root shock from cool soil.

1 Like

Everything was the same for each plant. I was worried about outside but I scoped them as best I could and saw no culprits. I let them acclimate to indoor temp and soil as best I could. Just funny how they turned out so far. The itty bitty one is super sticky and stinky compared to the taller one. Taller one is just now getting a color change and smell. We’ll see how they turn out. Fun to learn and watch.

1 Like

I might catch hell for saying this, but…
I don’t know how, but I believe clones can exhibit different “phenotypes”.
I once had this plant in my first grow. It was bagseed. Affectionately labeled # 4, lol. The mother was absolute garbage. Horrible structure, smell, appearance, and overall just finicky. I took clones of everything(yes, well labeled).
The clone this plant produced was like something I’ve never seen. Deep purple everywhere. Almost black! After the cure, these buds smelled like froot loops. Even with a shity cure, it was some of the most amazing smoke I’ve ever had!
The mother, still garbage, lol.

3 Likes

:hugs: we still love you :crazy_face:

This, if true, suggests that genetic… epigenetic switches can affect the weed a LOT.

:telephone_receiver: Aloha, @SCJedi – your expert opinion please? :point_down: Pathogens, or serious “genetic drift”? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hey, something happened lol.
I’m not as crazy as I thought y’all thought I thought I once thought I was! :crazy_face:
For real though, I’ll see if i can dig up some pics.
Thanks for pointing out my typo btw. :yum:

1 Like

I didn’t :laughing: but thanks :trophy:

1 Like

My buddy and i just had this conversation last night, we have agreed that genetically they are identical but at some level there has to be a difference in how it is displayed.

3 Likes

No explanation of why a garbage plant would spin off something so phenotypically different as there is no difference genetically. A clone contains most organs (differentiated tissue but still no roots) and even under severe duress or exposed to something potentially mutagenic it’s not going to change that much. Epigenetics won’t really come into play until you take a plant down to a blob of undifferentiated cells and start over.

As for the two pictures above the one on the left has been presented with a physical stressor of some kind. Even my blind eyes can see the stressed leaves in the closeup pics. Burned tips, faded chlorophyll, purpling stems. It’s hard to say with out testing but my guess is soil pH or there is a hot or funky pocket in that SIP. It’s clearly too late for a dramatic change for her but I wouldn’t reuse that soil without testing it or homogenizing it with that other healthy SIP.

It is possible that there is something more nefarious happening here. As we all know well, some pathogens live in parts of a plant. It is possible that when you take clones from a mother you take some clean and some with hitchhikers. Hop Latent really does stunt a plant and can give a plant that “fried” look. Almost like it got a hot shot of PK.

Tests don’t necessarily need to just be soil or media pH but can include tissue from your mom’s.

5 Likes

Thanks for the guidance & hope this was a pleasant distraction :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I agree and appreciate your input. I noticed it early and I wanted to share this. This one vein started out very green and pretty after I transplanted. It’s pretty and the others looked stressed but are producing nice. She’s just smaller and hurting.

1 Like

I’ve seen something similar. Different branches on the same plant had totally different terpene signatures and effects. Also, I’ve cloned a plant that grew nice green flowers but when I flowered the clone the clone’s flowers were 100% purple under the same environment. Same smell and effects otherwise, I know it’s the same cut/plant, but yeah.

3 Likes

In my experience, the “different branches on the same plant” comments typically lead back to pathogens, more specifically HpLVd.

3 Likes