Anyone recognize this virus or genetic problem?

It’s la confidential x purple punch so could’ve came from either lineage, pretty sure I’ve got the same plant from another seed in that pack outside and it’s not showing the same thing.

9 Likes

Looks like tmv

2 Likes

Looks like TMV. Tobacco Mosaic Virus… It shouldn’t really affect anything but there’s not much work done to really study it.

2 Likes

Do you smoke or handle cigarettes then go in your grow room and touch your plants?

2 Likes

Could also be tomato mosaic virus. Here is a link.

Looks like there isn’t really anything you can do about it.

3 Likes

Is it only one branch on your indoor plant or is it showing all over the plant?
Is there a fan close to where this is appearing?
I have seen this on plants where the fan is too close to the plant.

4 Likes

I haven’t listened to this yet, but it’s high on the priority list for me.

4 Likes

Could just be variegated…

Ya know… Or chem trails lol

It’s not always as bad as you think.

6 Likes

Looks also as TMV for me, there are doubts upon if it affects or not weed, but in case you have it you should be cautious, here’s more info about what to do … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

This is an interesting read in Wiki “It is the first pathogen identified as a virus.”

It is the longest studied virus.
So the transmission vector is contact.

Indoors:
plant to plant
or human to plant (oops!)
Outdoors
(equals indoors plus bugs)

I’m going to have to rethink some of my protocols… :thinking:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeap, “the virus can be easily transmitted from the infected hosts to the healthy plants, by human handling.”. I would trim all the suspicious or infected leaves :sweat:, washing my hands and scissors with alcohol, even toss the fully affected plants if my jars are filled before it spreads further … ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

and then clones…

Any plant you have removed material from - probably shouldn’t be used as a mother.
H2O2 seed wash
and more stuff along those lines

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I think we have something suspicious in one of them … ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

Same here, seen wind damage do some really odd stuff.

2 Likes

I had to dig through some photos of a previous grow. Here is a perfect example.

This is strictly wind damage. Moved the fan and this cut has never done it since. You can’t see in the photo, but the smaller stuff on that branch blistered up and looked variegated as well.
I only speak from experience.

:sunglasses:
Doc

3 Likes

I’d say tmv or genetics…
Where did you get the seeds from @TestOfOath ?If it was wind damage the old growth would look more mutated then the new growth

2 Likes

have you talked to a doctor about your alien pink hands? :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Personally I would take off the questionable leaves and see if more show up, odds are, since not a pest, they probably won’t.

Unless something else was wrong. I always find it easier to monitor when I make a clean slate.

2 Likes

I think it’s multiple branches, lights are off at the moment. 100% not wind damage, it’s the first heat away from the fans of any plant

I don’t know anyone who’s hands get the shit kicked out of them quite as much as mine do lol I’m just glad I managed to keep them attached