Any suggestion on cheap deadly pesticide

Yeah im in the ghetto im not sure i can burn sulphur. I was little pissed but im pretty clear minded. The shutdown is cause im already got only 2 in flower and they have mites too. Clones are all savaged by mites. As far as replacing , my 4x8 has sat collecting dust on top and under it in that spot for 5 years running hard. The floor has been trashed from stains and tears. The cheap metal frame is rusting at the joints leaking light too. I kinda wanted to get a real tent anyways. Im going with 2 4x4 cloud lab tents much nicer construction heavier framework and actually light proof. I was just pissed that the bombs seemed to bring them out to party. I need a full real clean and only way i can do that is tearing down that busted tent and scrubbing everything. I cant really blame nothing but my laziness. I was just hoping bombs would clear me to pop new strains n get back to doing what i like. But i got more work to do. My whole setup wasnt planned proper ir nothing. Now i know a lot more and i feel a full reset is best way to take advantage of what ive learned n put it to use. The right way this time. Overall its only going to cost me the price of the better tents and cleaning materials and time to do it right. Thanks for your concern im not gone crazy just was lil pissed.

4 Likes

Yeah theyre so deep i dont need a glass. I can see em naked eye like 20+ per leaf on my clones. I just want to move forward to new and better things. And i know if i dont get em all theyll be back again. Im gonna treat it a lot different now. I was just winging it running perpetuals with way too many plants n not paying attention. Im gonna clean everything good trash the trash n soak the room in essential oil mix to make em not even want to be near it. Then im gonna keep it clean the biggest mistake i made was just running running running ,spilling stuff and not having enough time to keep up with the basic neccessary maintenance. I dont live in that house. Its a grow house i ran til the wheels fell off. I got to get some new wheels under it now n take care of it like i should have before.

4 Likes

excellent! I like to hear a good IPM plan that includes lots of cleaning. It’s the only pest management I do. If there are fallen leaves on the floor I feel like some kind of wild animal was loose, gotta clean it up lol!

3 Likes

Yeah i had dead leaves dirt n all. No good. Theres dust on top the tent 1/4" thick. I dropped the ball n they picked it up. Like you said im gonna clean it spotless then soak all barriers in essential oils n keep it clean this time.

2 Likes

Wheres @vernal at he’s the man for the knockout chemicals. People will bash his methods but they work.

4 Likes

Mites are a cinch. Abamectin (Avid), bifenazate (Floramite), spiromesifen (Forbid).

Problem goes away in a matter of hours, only a few mL of any of those products. Doesn’t harm the plants whatsoever.

Systemic action ensures any stragglers or eggs that hatch also die. OP wouldn’t need to clean anything, or replace anything.

3 Likes

Ozone works wonders…(in the right amount)

2 Likes

Not trying to get in to an argument with vernal about pesticides here lol but my advice is for sure to skip the avid. If you’re trying to spray to get rid of mites, this is what has worked consistently well for me in the past: mix 1oz lost coast plant therapy and 0.5 oz isopropyl per gallon of water and spray everything- entire plant, pots, the floor-seriously, everything. Do that every evening before the lights go off for a week, and be religious about contamination (clothes, showering, etc). Also get a good 60-100x scope and scope every day.

2 Likes

it’s that sweet sweet taste of hydrogen cyanide. Some people can’t get enough!!!

6 Likes

That certain “je ne sais quoi” :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve wondered about that. I always figured the concentration that would eradicate mites would also damage plants. I know people have killed them with high concentrations of CO2 but plants can handle far more of that than anything with legs.

1 Like

I did kill my plants the first-time…lol Then I learned…hahaha

I run 3 minutes a week in my room. Keeps everything at bay including mold.

1 Like

@Pedro_Bann used big plastic garbage bags & CO2 to sanitize plants at some absurd concentration.

It’s heartwarming stuff to a grower… :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I ended up with ozone because i could not solve my white fly and knat issues. I now top dress with perlite and ozone weekly. Bug and mold, and mildew free now.

4 Likes

how da $%^&( do you “topdress with ozone”? :thinking: :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Top dress with perlite, and ozone weekly :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Yeah im still gonna run the ozone generator before i build new tents. Ive cleared all plants out the way n vaccumed everything. Next is tearing down old busted tent and bleach cleaning lights fans n floors. I got til saturday to prep the rooms so ill put fresh paint on walls and caulk everything up too . The messiest part is done. 2 lawn bags full of mite infested clones are outside. Soon come ill have it all back together n cranking again.

4 Likes

I quarantine all clones and cuttings and spray them with this product every 2 to 3 days for 1+ week…this product has never failed me and have been using for 18+ years folks…the key is to spray it 2-3 days for at least 1+ week.

Btw, once you see mites on your whole grow you’re better off tearing everything down and start from scratch because you will never win the battle…

4 Likes

Were you sure it’s not aphids instead of mites? Mites are pretty hard to count on a leaf without a scope.

If it’s aphids, a good spray 3 days in a row for a week, can do it. I use Lost Coast Plant Therapy to test but if @PhilCuisine says his spray works, I’d try that. I haven’t tried that one. Hope you get them. For the first time in a long time, I brought some in my house. No mites yet.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m not sure may been aphids too but I know spider mites were deep. I ended up scrapping everything and starting over. But since definitely haven’t regretted it. I needed a reset.

1 Like