Muthafu🤬kin' thrips!

In some of my previous posts I mentioned that my tent was invaded…well it’s definitely been a war. Just when I thought I got rid of them, signs of them lingering still shows…little bleached spots on the leaves and tiny yellow specs underneath…I’m not sure if the DP I got going is gonna make it, so I took a few cuttings that looked like they were free of thrip activity only to see the signs re-emerge a week later…I’m like…goddammit!!! So i came up with this idea to “drown the thrips” so the cuttings I had sitting in water, I turned them upside down in the water hopefully this will kill them and give these cuttings fighting chance.

6 Likes

Bro, check out sierranaturalscience.com You WON’T regret it!! Continue the good fight, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Had them twice last season, with two purchases of medium from HTG Supply down in your area. Dr Zymes knocked them down but wouldnt eliminate till i bought these…

1500 was enough to do two tents with half the contents, refridge unused and hit them again in 10 days.

Amazon.com : NaturesGoodGuys 1500 Live Ladybugs - Good Bugs- Ladybugs - Guaranteed Live Delivery! : Patio, Lawn & Garden

2 Likes

Drowning is a method used by @JoeCrowe and I have tried it for defeating Spider Mites. It works. He calls it Protocol “0”.

6 Likes

Saw a youtube video pretty similar recently about basicly drowning pest instead of using insecticidial soap. Seemed interesting. But I bought some spinosad (cap’n Jack’s deadbug). I had thrips, mites and because my rose of sharons are covered in aphids I had those too. They are gone. Best producted ive used for full spectrum killing. Ive tried alot of things too. Fucked up alot of plants trying stuff i read about and lost a few along the way.
All three bugs are now dead.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m leary about commercial products if all else fails…I’m going to have to go with what @GCBudz stated. I didn’t realize :beetle:’s were so damn cheap.

5 Likes

you can take your bigger plants into the shower and spray them down too. i actually got rid of mites like that once…miraculously with a good rinsing once a day for a couple weeks

3 Likes

It was the thrip wars of 2000 , It was a dark night when I discovered that I was invaded It started on one small leaf Barely noticeable , damage spread.
My first assault was with Neem oil I I sent in a barrage daily after about three days I noticed it was getting worse , The horror damaged leafs everywhere I was deffoliating I thought my babies were going to be bald. Still no relief I moved the attack up from once a day heavily to twice a day heavily still to no avail the little bastard kept on coming
Then I stumbled on to captain jacks bug spray with spinosad I went into attack mode I sprayed once in the morning once mid afternoon and once at night for approximately a week I could see the little bastards were trying to survive they kept on coming up with new damage daily finally after a week of battle I took the whole tent plants an all and boom :boom: set it a blaze no more worries

Lol just kidding Captain Jack’s with spinosad it really works ! it kicked out the trips in 3 days just spray 2x’s a day don’t forget to spray the under side. make sure that you empty your tent and clean every corner . my first attack with them I didn’t clean the room out entirely and found that they were hiding in a corner somewhere and after I found them they never came back ! the only time recently I had them back in my room was in the transfer of a clone from a friend who had no idea that a little bugger was there

Also be careful if you have an out door garden you play with , make sure you change your clothes before you visit the indoor garden as not to transfer them from outside to indoors

Paps

6 Likes

A.cucumeris, and ladybugs. I haven’t had any new damage after the ladybugs for to work

1 Like

Yah I just fuck the bugs up with protocol 0, I haven’t seen anything survive it yet! You have to really follow the protocol by taking a clone and cutting off the leaves then putting it under water for a half hour. Then rinse it off. It does delay your grow a bit because you have to root the clones, but you can do it with a tiny rooted clone as well. The bugs will never be able to resist it.

3 Likes

I’ve used Dr zymes with great success.

2 Likes

if youre in veg or first week post flip. (these posts are for mites, but they work equally for thrips. not that it matters, but abamectin is even organic (wrongly debated imo - byproduct of soil bacteria)

1 Like

I use lost coast plant therapy @ 1.5 x strength and add an equal amount of 90% or higher isopropyl per gallon and hit em every day for a few weeks and they will be gone

1 Like

Thought this cartoon I drew was appropriate.

4 Likes