Any suggestions on extractors for RSO?

I’m going to be trying to make RSO with some cbd rich plants for my niece who has Lou Gehrig’s disease, anyone know where to get an iso3 or 4? Any suggestions on good extractors, I’ve never made rso before and could use some help, thanks everyone :pray:

2 Likes

You’ll find everything you need to know about extraction for RSO over in this thread.
https://overgrow.com/t/not-just-another-tincture-thread/7668

I suggest you use ETH not ISO. You have Everclear where you are?

7 Likes

Thanks for the link, and yes on the everclear, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Yeah you want food grade. Ethanol not isopropyl. I just did an ethanol wash on some chem4 x boo. Pure orange terps and knockout potency. But check that tincture thread out.

2 Likes

I will, what’s the ETH? Haven’t heard of that one?

Eth. Everclear. Ethanol is just type but of alcohol. Food grade ok to drink etc iso has some additive that’s supposed to not be ok for consumption.

3 Likes

ETH = ETHANOL, use food grade ethanol for your extraction.

3 Likes

Oh, I thought it was a different extractor, thanks bud.

I just bought an air-distiller with digitally controlled variable temperature off amazon to make FECO, and the spirits needed to make said FECO.

2 Likes

@invisible , the Iso 3 is an extractor not isopropyl lol.

2 Likes

I love my air distiller for making RSO. I buy my everclear but could make it with my distiller if I wanted.

5 Likes

Air distiller sounds interesting, I’ll check it out :pray:

1 Like

This was what I got:

6 Likes

If you’re in Colorado, or maybe even in other legal states, there is a better ETH product than Everclear. It’s called 42oExtractor.

Check out the website. It’s made at a local distillery in Colorado. It’s filtered much more than Everclear and has less water in it. It used to be $13 for a fifth here. Cheaper than Everclear. And, it will give you a much better extraction flavors. They also ship anywhere in the US I just read. I buy it at my local liquor store.

And, if you get really in need, you can make a pretty good drink with it… :grin:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth Im not sure what it is I make. Qwet. And purge n smoke it like shatter

But my magic butter machine has a setting for tinctures and you can put everclear in the machine it controls everything temps time n all n sings n does a light dance on ceiling when it’s done. I’ve only used it for butter but it does that flawlessly. I think it’s like $200 and does a lot of things I haven’t tried yet.

5 Likes

I just noticed on the page for the 42oExtractor that shipping isn’t allowed to some states. Just check out the shipping details to see if your state allows it. Not sure what the shipping would be. And, if you’re in a legal state it may already be in your liquor stores.

I use it to make RSO, shatter, sort of, or just some wax type smokeable. If you have a distiller, then you reclaim most of the ethanol.

2 Likes

Is there more detailed information on the distiller method in the not just another tincture thread?

2 Likes

Im in Ontario :canada: , making it is sadly the easiest option even for this non-drinking gardener :rofl:

2 Likes

I think that is the same one I have

2 Likes

I really appreciate all the replies, has anyone ever used the Dgold iso3 or 4 extractor?