New Quicker Method To Make RSO - (RSO 2.0)

Quick backstory. I had moved away from tinctures etc… to go to vaping but its looks like I will need take the majority of my medication via these methods again. Tinctures gummies etc…

I didn’t want to clog up the tincture thread with a long post that’s about to follow.

I’m very familiar with the GD we all make and use here along with turning that into a consumption method of our choice, Tinctures, edibles, sublingual spray, topicals etc…

So I headed over to future 4200 where all the cannabis industry professionals tend to hang out and share their latest findings, methods and techniques, lab reports etc… and stumbled across a new and refined way for extraction.

All credit goes to @MimiEmu over at Future 4200. for this new refined and much faster & refined method for FECO.

MimiEmu also references others in the community who have helped him refine this method and shared results etc… So a BIG shout out to all of those involved

Only use food grade ethanol ( Everclear etc…)for extraction regardless of the other options that are outlined by MiniEmu’s . DO NOT USE ISO. I’m posting this for the method only

This is the thread I’m referring too. This thread is very informative in and of its self. His findings are backed up with Lab test results

This is the link to his home page where it explains the new tech.

Cannabis Home Sciences - RxCE Home Page.

After that start here:

Cannabis Home Sciences - RxCE Shop Manual.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Decarboxylation

Quickstart Guide (PDF) Original google drive link can be found on the website

RxCE Oil Quick Start Guide 0923.pdf (1.8 MB)

Video: Jump to 4.30 for a demonstration not just slides and pictures

A word of caution. There is some controversy regarding the ISO as his main solvent and the safety of that over at the future4200 forums. Most leaning to ethanol as the safer option. I have seen that MiniEmu references ChatGPT for the answers. Let me be clear ChatGPT is very often incorrect for factual information. You must cross reference this output from ChatGPT with a reputable source. Do your own research for the solvent of your choice. I will continue to use Ethanol and would NOT recommend other solvents

I have taken screenshots of everything and downloaded the video from YT in case they are removed (we know how YT can be)

If they are ever removed I can upload them somewhere else.

If you guys and gals want me to upload the screenshots to this thread I’m also happy to do that.

To add to this post I have also come across more very valued sources of information that I think people here would really love. They are also active on Future4200.

GrayWolf

Ichibancrafter

This post in particular caught my attention with the room temp extraction and decarb which is how I used to make my tincture. I was always under the impression that we are decabred after 3 to four months but looks we are only 60 to 68% decarbed and at 8 months we are 90% decabred

If you want me to add this to the existing tincture thread I’m happy to merge it but it might get lost.

The rabbit hole is deep but lots of great information to be gleaned. Should keep you busy for while.

12 Likes

DO NOT INGEST ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 🤦

Extremely stupid advice!

Also, I’m intentionally still calling it RSO. So deal with it.

2 Likes

I would not use ISO period! Quite a few guys over at Future4200 said the same thing.

Even though they are purging the solvent from the oil I still wouldn’t use anything other than Ethanol.

No worries this is not my work I’m passing on the method. It saves a lot of time and from the lab results seems to have a higher potency.

I guess it’s MiniEmu that has to deal with it

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this!

2 Likes

hmmm if I had to put a time frame on making tincture, it would be an hour. If I’m moving slow, probably an hour and a half from start to finish. I read up and was like damn, way to chunk on extra time brother.

1 Like

Your welcome. Hope it helps you out.

The way most people do it is from the @PSam (RIP) way. Which is decarbing flower in the oven, freezing solvent and materials for 12 to 24 hours, then rinse, then back in the freezer for another 2 hours strain etc…

This basically removes pre freezing and decarb part of the process that most people do before the rinse.

So for most people here making GD this is a much more time efficient process.

Feel free to share your process for a 1 hour tincture that would be awesome…

Most of the time in this process is the evaporation of the alcohol and decarb the rest is pretty quick. Like few minutes quick.

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

All the time is spent baking the weed in oven then a 3 min mix in alcohol. Probably 15min to filter it.

2 Likes

What about reducing it? How much alcohol are you using etc… because there is a saturation point and diminishing returns if your not washing it with enough solvent to maximize extraction which will leave you with way to much solvent.

That’s why the above process is the quickest for the best and most consistent results.

2 Likes

Sorry about the lack of details! I don’t reduce it, but also I add 50 grams of weed per 750ml of alcohol. Estimated at 100mg THC per tablespoon.

3 Likes

Interesting, lots of interesting infos there, indeed quite a rabbit hole :smiley: Thanks for the sharing!

2 Likes

I read the intro yesterday - like pages and pages before I came to the practical how-to link and haven’t read it yet. I’ve been making a variation on the green dragon process and drying it out in a double boiler. But like they said at the link, there’s a bunch of extra stuff that gets extracted into the final product. I never used to mind, but I’ve started to because all that stuff has to be smoked. :dash:

1 Like

Before the process that I have linked to he was making a brine salt and distilled water to separate the undesirables but it also allowed you to collect the wax.

This was the previous version using Salt/brine. You can watch the video for the process.

The newer version is simpler

2 Likes

Greetings Everyone,

Just found this thread, thought I’d chime in to see if there are any questions on the RxCE method.

To lightyear, I am in total agreement, you can not drink any of these solvents, ethanol included. Check out section C of the FDA regulations. Did you know Isopropyl and Acetone have been granted a Conditional GRAS status for use in foods? Fortunately this process is solvent agnostic so you are free to use any of the mentioned solvents. I know there’s a lot of fear about Isopropyl as a solvent, but along with Acetone, these two are actually safest at the trace level compared to Ethanol. Here’s a study I just researched and published recently. Gray Wolf also published it this past week. This actually should put your mind at ease in regards to the toxicity of these solvents. Turns out Ethanol metabolizes into a carcinogenic molecule that leads to long term health effects such as cirrohsis of the liver, fatty liver disease, cancer, birth defects and more. Isopropyl metabolizes into Acetone and is used as an alternate energy source in the body. So thats the basic biological science people don’t understand when talking about making RSO.
The other part people totally miss is what regulations are in place to limit residual solvents. The FDA decades ago published the ‘Permitted Daily Exposure’ (PDE) values for all these class 3 solvents known for their low toxicity. All states that regulate residual solvents use this number. Take a look at slide #8. This illustrates the maximum amount of solvent in a 10mg gummi and how that relates to PDE. Turns out, the residual quanties are 5 orders of magnitude below PDE.

@invisible, @lightyear

6 Likes

They make food grade ethanol because that’s exactly what is in all alcoholic beverages people consume daily. Find me food grade Isopropyl alcohol or acetone and I’ll bite.

The allowance is most likely because a certain amount can enter your body safely “by accident” from means like nail polish remover, or when iso is used topically on a wound and it enters the blood stream. And probably absolutely nothing to do with ‘its ok to drink it’

Did you also know the FDA has an actual number for the amount of bugs allowed in your food??

But I don’t see you buying crickets for dinner either.

1 Like

I still think the whole “never use isopropyl because it’s poisonous no matter what” thing about RSO is misinformation, which is why I’ve been making my RSO with isopropyl for years. No ill effects that I’ve seen, I’m in better health now than when I started in fact… though the RSO has nothing to do with that, it doesn’t seem to have been hurting me either. My friend with a master’s in chemistry and biology agrees, and uses the same RSO, FWIW. That said, I think it’s also good advice to give to stoners. Not everyone making RSO is going to make it perfectly, and that one dude who totally screws up and ends up drinking it before it’s been fully boiled down is going to have a far more pleasant time if he drinks a strong ethanol tincture than if he drinks isopropyl tincture. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Just to stir the pot a bit…

Obviously you’re in the states? If you think eating insects is somehow more or less sanitary than potatoes, beef, or shrimp, you’re mistaken. I’d bet that we will all be including insect protein in our diets within 25-30 years. …and what’s that phrase? I can’t recall but simply because alcohol is legal shouldn’t be the basis for it being safe to consume.

I also agree heavily with cormoran that iso isn’t the devil here. I’ve never seen anything ever saying it’s harder to remove than ethanol or water. It’s boiling point is within 7 degrees and has most of the same properties. I’d say it’s no more of a poison than ethanol is… they’re both poisons we can use to chemically extract! You use paint thinner to crash out dmt in solution, but I’d advise against consuming paint thinner. My point there is that paint thinner was the original recommendation and the point is to do the extractions properly. Big love

Thanks @MimiEMU for the study and explanation I read after posting my bullshit :love_you_gesture:t2::purple_heart:

4 Likes

It takes 200ml of isopropyl to poison a full grown adult. I don’t think most people could drink that much iso. Ingesting ethanol is the equivalent of eating asbestos.

2 Likes

“Unlike the other toxic alcohols, isopropanol ingestion will reveal labs consistent with ketosis without an apparent metabolic acidosis and a normal serum glucose level. The reason that a metabolic acidosis does not develop in isopropanol ingestion is that the active metabolite, acetone, is a terminal ketone in the metabolic pathway and is an uncharged molecule, unlike the active metabolites in other toxic alcohol ingestions. However, the physician may note an elevated osmolar gap early in the”

I guess the next step would be to check out that acetone metabolite.

1 Like

Fine, I see your crickets as protein and raise you “an acceptable level of microplastics and heavy metals”

…but did we really have to split that hair?

The point is, just because there is a recognized acceptable level does not make it SAFE. There’s an accepted non lethal dose of bleach you can drink. But I don’t see you taking shots 🤷

3 Likes

“Find me food grade Isopropyl alcohol or acetone and I’ll bite.”

Did you know Isopropyl has a Conditional GRAS rating for content in food?

So what you need is medical grade Isopropyl and here it is…

[ PRODUCT RECOMMENDATION REMOVED ]

Anything else?

1 Like