Anybody else goof up their light cycle cause of DST?

Or just me…couldn’t figure out why my tent was dark.

4 Likes

I went in at the regular time (5:30) and turned the dial until the light turned on. Problem solved!

Then today the power went off this morning and it’s still off right now. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::grinning:

2 Likes

Oh man, that blows

2 Likes

When dst happens, the plants are still on the same light cycle they were if it didnt… it doesnt change anything for them, the only thing that changes is the time it tells you the light is coming on and going off…

if you dont change the time on the timer the plant knows no difference… if you didnt move it an hour foward it wouldnt know that dst happened… also an extra hour of dark or the light coming on an hour early once or twice wont hurt anything

13 Likes

I hate DST
I just I toss that out there

5 Likes

First instinct was to advance the timer. Which I did and then I thought the same thing. DST is for me not the plants. So I switched it back

2 Likes

Yea… usually it wont effect them with an hour give here or there… just dont pull a me and forget you turned the timer to “manual on” for some reason one morning a few weeks into flower and didnt realize it til the plant started revegging lol

5 Likes

I just want them up with me. That’s the only reason I moved it. I hate DST. Nobody has ever justified it, as far as I’m concerned. I have heard all the arguments. They’re just :poop::hot_face::poop:. :rofl::rofl::face_vomiting::rofl:

2 Likes

Ouch. That hurts.

Yea not liking the dst. 6 pm was a more workable sunrise than 7

1 Like

Our “peak” hours (when they charge more) are from 5-8 PM. I have the lights go off at 4:30 to avoid that extra charge.

2 Likes

Hahahah

I ignored mine in fall … and never touched it since

Does it all even out now???

5 Likes

I too always run my grow at the cheapest power rates of the day… not paying any extra for the same thing

2 Likes

170px-Saving_Daylight_-_Save_1,000,000_tons_of_coal_NMAH-AC0433-0000103

3 Likes

Only ever adjust the timer when it’s already on. Never cut an hour out of the darkness, the plants are sensitive to the length of darkness. If you go 11 hours dark when it should be 12 ← mistake. 11 hours of light when it should be 12 ← doesn’t make any difference.

3 Likes

I do screw up my light cycle sometimes, but it’s not from DST, bit from CRS ( can’t remember shit)lol.
If it makes you feel any better, I suck at timers so badly.I do everything by hand.

2 Likes

Plants don’t care. I on the other hand am totally fucked.

2 Likes

1 less hr of beauty sleep

1 Like

I am less beautiful by one hour. How am to attract a mate now?

1 Like

Matefind.com doesn’t seem to be working.

1 Like