Flowering painfully slow

Hello Ogers,
I am in need of your sage wisdom once again.
My plants look awesome, but 2 hermied, and 3 have stalled out near the end of flowering.
We are at 90+ days into flower, and only 1 plant is near finishing.

Plants are growing in supersoil:
2 ft3 Edna’s Best base soil
2 cup gypsum
2 cup rock phosphate
1 cup bone meal
1 cup azomite
3 1/2 cup seed meal

I was watering incorrectly for much of the grow. I had a fungus gnat issue, so I added a layer of dry soil and diatomaceous earth. I didn’t want to make that layer wet, so I started watering from below when the pots got lighter.
Turns out, water is only wicked up the soil a couple inches, and the top 2/3 of the soil was bone dry for months.

I rectified the situation as of 2 weeks ago , but it still seems like my plants are crawling if they are doing anything at all. I do believe the afghan skunk x shack is finishing up

Ideas?

10 Likes

Looking good man… At this point they’re pretty far in so best you can do is keep them happy… That first pic is a beast though

I was thinking you were just being a smart ass cuz they look like they are just fine lol

5 Likes

Hey :fish: dude. :wave: Give em a week & chop’em (IMO)

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

looks good to me. calyx swoll and pistils receded.

What makes you think they aren’t finished?

4 Likes

The Kali China and Domina have clear trichs, and they haven’t bulked up yet.
The ASxS looks and feels ready to cut right now. I’m just waiting for a couple amber to show

4 Likes

Have you flushed ? Theyre about done. Sometimes youll see new pistils keep coming. Ignore. Trichs? Have you checked. Milky milky is it. Some wont amber much. Looks good like you rocked em pretty good.

3 Likes

At a point thc degrades. Its at amber. Trichs go clear with amber heads that pop and the bud ends up weak. It was at 11weeks on my indica dom green crack. But 90 days. Youre there. Curing on the vine tgey call it. Water uptake stopped right ? Plants done its cycle.

3 Likes

If I went by the scope, I’d have to kill more than half of my stock waiting for amber trichomes in the other half of my stock that tends towards being milky until hung, dried slowly and cured.

Well before scopes nobody needed a closer look then the naked eye to know what was ripe for the taking. They look pretty much done and another week might just get you a little more weight, but nothing serious…

On a interesting note, it was around ten years ago that I began playing with the scopes and this whole biased theory of pushing plants late term for potency even though it is just senescence of the trichomes and often renders flavors while the high becomes nothing but a narcotic transfixing experience. There’s just way to many wide leaf types that are narcotic like in 56 days to wait extra weeks while ruining the intricate effects of whatever type it is… But hey- to each there own…:v:

5 Likes

Did you start them from seed? How long did you veg before flowering?

They look fine as others have said and are definitely ripening up, I guess they’re just taking their sweet ass time lol

Also, standard 12 hour light cycle?

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I think my plants are “waking up” now that they are being watered properly.
I just cut the Skunk Afghani x Shack by Sannie’s. Nice and solid, chunky little plant.
The other two don’t have much bulk to the buds. I think I have to give them some more time, or the yield will be pathetic.

10 Likes

you should put some peat moss in your soil mix it will act like a sponge and soak up more. Are they in auto watering pots?

3 Likes

Busted out my new microscope, and you guys were right. Fully cooked with plenty of amber. They are happily drying, but the weight is going to be lower than it appears.

Moral of the story: don’t water from below.

I’m actually going to redo this same grow in October.
Same soil, same pot size, same veg schedule.
The only thing I don’t have is another Kali China, so I will have to substitute for that. Dutch passion strawberry cough maybe?

The only two variables I am planning on changing are cooking the soil and watering normally.
SCIENCE!

5 Likes