Anybody else like to fish?

After a lifetime of fly fishing and guiding , especially Atlantic salmon , I put down my fly rod 10 years ago now , because of how bad the fishing here has gotten. The watersheds have been completely destroyed and anyone fishing catch and release salmon in historically low, hot water , is a douche bag IMHO of course.

On that note I have gotten into Striped Bass fishing the past few years. It is insane how many there are here nowadays.
I have given away many dozens over the past few weeks. The keeper size is pretty small here . 19 3/4" - 25.5" is our keeper slot. My personal best so far is a 37" .

This is the average keeper size. We are allowed 4 a day .They are delicious

16 Likes

We have land locked hybrid stripers in the lakes near me in Virginia. They are delicious after a buttermilk soak. Fun fish to catch too.

5 Likes

I’ll be

4 Likes

Caught this little guy on my new BFS rig, first fish.I should have done this a couple of years ago.

18 Likes

Tuesday morning on Lake Ontario.
Such a beautiful day, this is my stress therapy :relieved:

21 Likes

I am hoping to do the same thing on Saturday.

4 Likes

Was out last weekend and caught a few codfish. A lot of them were quite small

16 Likes

I would love just one of those. I like that they’ve been bled.

6 Likes

17 Likes

make sure to hold the fillets in front of a bright light, lots o worms in them fish

3 Likes

I have never seen a worm in any of the fish we have caught.

3 Likes

I am a new spearo. Flying underwater shooting at the fish with a gun style. Sooooo fun

4 Likes

caught these and posted a while back. ate them today.

10 Likes

That lake Michigan?

2 Likes

@LoveDaAutos
yep. chicago, montrose harbor, lake michigan

2 Likes

Any OG members in here that fly fish the Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area? I’m makin a trip soon and would love to get some local guidance and talk fishing if anyone’s willing to help!

3 Likes

Small but was still fun.

17 Likes

Tearing up some pumpkin seed bluegill with some jigs from @hashpants. I can confirm they work, his pants do not.

17 Likes

I shared that in a moment of weakness! Some buddy, smh.

6 Likes

Lake Texoma, Stryper

13 Likes