Anybody else like to fish?

What I would give to see bears in our lands.

6 Likes

Mostly streams for me UP here too, but I do go with some friends out on the big lake now and then for some killer whitefish.

But all I saw was SxS… :smiley: My girl and I practically live on the trails. Only had to outrun a bear once so far, accidentally split a mom and two cubs once – oops.

11 Likes

You ever tried pole fishing mate?

1 Like

I have mate. It’s not for me. Too much gear to cart about. I like a couple rods. Landing net and rucksack of tackle so I can wander if fishing is slow there

3 Likes

22 Likes

Pole fishing is all fun and games, until you get hooked and you start buying take-a-part poles, the full series of cralusso floats and end up buying half of the Sensas catalog.

1 Like

Your soo right, personal Im a tackle tart with a big cart!

I have added 8 rod holders to my trolly as well, so I can move even if I have all my poles rigged.

7 Likes

Imagine trying to get to the weirpools near me to fish with all that nonsense :rofl:

1 Like

Not pole fishing but i centerpin fish a lot. It can be a pain breaking down 13-15ft rods but not too bad once you get a good routine going.

Ive not coatse fished much but woukd like to get into it more next summer

1 Like

I only asked as I have a couple here I would of gave you, I got a load of fishing gear off a job a while back it’s just sitting gathering dust.

4 Likes

Well, I really enjoy fishing, but due to injuries, it’s been quite some time since I’ve had a fish on.
I moved to SoFla decades ago for two compelling reasons.
Growing buds outdoors year ‘round and
fishing all year long.

I venture into the Everglades for Bream, Largemouth Bass, Peacock Bass and feisty Oscars. I like to use ultralight tackle
and artificial lures.

Wading in the flats from Key Largo down to Key West for Barracuda and Bonefish.

Offshore for Snapper and Grouper, and farther from shore Dolphin (Mahi-mahi), which are as much fun as a barrel of monkeys.

I doubt if I can cast as effectively as I did prior to my accident, but looking forward to giving it a try soon.

Tight lines and full bowls!

Thus far unable to locate pictures which were seemingly confiscated by the creeps at
Photo Bucket. Grrrrrr.

9 Likes

largies, crappie and some swampy channel cats :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ever fish off 41? I used to fish off airboat for bass and gator in the dogleg canal

4 Likes

I will be ocean fishing out the back gate next week. It is just for the kids. I can usually manage to catch a puffer fish or small sting Ray on a good day. When I go out in a boat there are usually dorado. Good eating

7 Likes

23 Likes

Hi @Badfishy1. no, I usually just go out to Everglades Holiday Park, rent a john boat and head out. I like to troll with beetlespins…usually get lots of fish.
Sometimes I go up to Sawgrass recreation and get a boat. I also like shore to cast up in the Holey lands.

The rim canal of Lake Okeechobee is filled with crappie.
Beetle spins with 2 to 4 lb mono…what fun!

4 Likes

Got ya. I live on other coast and have spent a lot of time back there. I mostly saltwater fish, but some of the most fun I have is when I catch the tarpon spawn. Use ultralight tackle and have the time of my life with them.

3 Likes

Seen a video a while back with Gong Lei catching that species using topwater lures. Sick ass blowups. Nice catch btw :+1:t4:

I myself love to fish. I travel up an down the Ca delta lookin for striped bass on shallow flats, rock walls, points, Levy breaks, or just real shallow water in 5 ft or less using topwater lures during the spring and fall run.
Fish for bass during the summer and once in a while I’ll fish for sturgeon.

3 Likes

I used to love to catch paper mouths in the Midwest. I agree that no tackle box should be without a beetle spin assortment.

6 Likes

Absolutely love to fish! And grow weed! Both r good 4 the soul.

11 Likes