Can you do rack grows in a tent?

Looking to swap out to a perpetual grow in 2 2x4 tents and just thinking out the setup. Would it be worth it to do really short plants on 2 levels, like flip to 12/12 at 6 or 8". Put a shelf/table halfway up with a light under and over(200-300w led/level) or would it be better to just do the one canopy.

3 Likes

I have a 6’ tent and I’m thinking it would be pretty tight. Might be better to just do one canopy and grow it BIG

2 Likes

Ive been debating this for my veg tent. Have shelves with individual lighting. Seems i could cram more vertical

3 Likes

I’m just kinda running ideas through my head. I think next runs gonna be one canopy and depending on height/yield I’ll see about adding a second. I’ve given up on my hopes of commercial growing(between high electric bills and cheap d8 carts at every vape shop it ain’t worth it)but I still smoke 1/2lb+ a month so I figure harvesting a 2x4(4 bar t5 veg, Mars hydro tsl2000 flower) every 2 months should keep me good and cost a whole lot less to run than my 4x4(600mh veg, 1000hps flower)

Autos anyone?

It would be small yields per plant but totally doable if you can control the heat.
Could do plants this size in 6” square containers honestly, SOG style. These containers are just under 8” on each side. The one in the front in first pic is the one on the left in second pic

I’m about to set up my 2x4 for veg, I’m hoping to get 3 layers (2 shelves and floor) in there, but might have to settle with 2.

3 Likes

So when you do sog like that is it best to just go from rooted clones straight to flower? Something like 2plants/sqft so 16 in a 2x4?

1 Like

2 per sqft you can let them veg for at least a week or so. With some smaller plants, the buds don’t grow very big to get much yield. If you find the right strain, you can get a single thick cola from little to no veg. Others will need some growth to them to get decent sized buds.
Choosing a strain you’ve worked with before is best, so you know how much they stretch, and can veg to the right size. With 2/sqft you have space to let them veg a little to developed good roots. Some strains won’t produce much unless you grow them out a bit. Others will still form thick colas.

2 Likes

Not my cup of tea, I like the control photos give you.

3 Likes