Anyone know of an Analog or auto restart dehumidifer?

I am looking for a Dehumidifer, I would prefer under 100 bucks, that has either an analog On off switch or has an Auto Restart feature that allows it to turn back on after a power outage, I would like to run it with a Humidity controller, but unless it just as a toggle switch for on/off or an auto restart feature, a normal digital dehumidifer wont kick back on after the controller cuts the power. I have been searching on amazon for 2 hours and cant seem to find what im looking for anyone know of one with either of these features that is good for about a 500sq ft room?

5 Likes

It seems to me that the cheapest, simplest solution would be to just replace the existing momentary switch with a toggle. That should be a direct swap wiring wise.

Just a thought…

4 Likes

Got this awhile back to work with my inkbird, works great after a power outage.
But 500sq feet is kinda large. For just 1.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B5QKY4T1?ref=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_PXP8ZK2EPJAJ6V5VEEG9&ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_PXP8ZK2EPJAJ6V5VEEG9&social_share=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_PXP8ZK2EPJAJ6V5VEEG9&starsLeft=1

Or the ACI one. Think about getting the controller 69 with it. Found the ACI sensor to be more accurate than my inkbird

3 Likes

Nice but I need a Dehumidifer, to take water out of the air not put it in the air lol.

5 Likes

Well shit, haha fuckin stoner. My bad :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

LMAO stoned right now myself no worries brother

3 Likes

In all honesty, I’m not a fan of the D. :call_me_hand::rofl: Easy mistake :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

ROFLMAO Me either but the room is 75%Rh all the time

2 Likes

You’ll have a pretty hard time finding one.

I think most just abandon the idea of using a controller (cuz issue you are finding, and your humidity probe is inside the tent and your dehumidifier is outside …). Just use the built-in controller on the dehumidifier itself. They all have a way to set the target RH.

If your lung room is 75%, get the biggest dehumidifier you can afford, set it to 55-60%, run it in your lung room. Done.

If you lose power you’re still shit out of luck, but I assume that’s rare.

3 Likes

I have a very Basic dehumidifier, that I plug into a Humidity Controller.

The controls are simple, a knob, that shuts the unit down at zero%, and you can turn it to 100% for max…

As long as its Not on Zero, the unit can be started, by the Controller !

1 Like

these do exactly what you want. i use a timer on mine and it turns back on to the same humidity setting you set it at. i know its not 100$ or under but good luck finding a good dehu for that price. btw i have 3 of these refurbs and they work great.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been using for the 5x5.

It’s around $30 and there are tons of knock offs just like it.

I have it patched into one of these and use an ACInfinity Controller 69pro w/ sensor.

4 Likes

I found one with an Auto Reset that has a Drain hose so I dont have to empty it 3 times a day lol. going with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPX9J6N7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1YJAF6CC6UQHN&psc=1

1 Like