Anyone seen white pests like these before?

You do have to decide. Sometimes better to save your work.

I would still suggest the DE on the soil regardless of what you do. 48 hours shit is dead and things are not coming back.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing link

2 Likes

You tell em Vern!

12 Likes

Lol Shep I feel like we’re Batman and Joker, but each of us thinks we’re Batman.

I missed ya; expected you here sooner.

4 Likes

Ah you know, work always getting in the way of my play time. Always nice to be missed lol. Night Sam. :wink: :v:

6 Likes

They are white aphids. When my cousin told me white aphids were a new plague out west, I laughed at him, telling him aphids aren’t white… yet here they are, and he has them too. Many Growers have them. If they continue to be an issue, I’ll ask my cousin how to combat them for you. . But ladybug larvae eat far more aphids than ladybugs… they are harder to get rid of than normal aphids apparently. Probably a new Super aphid, like this new super powdery mildew, and the new super fucking russet mite. Courtesy of some prick in a lab somewhere probably. Thanks big pharma!

9 Likes

Try this with them. Shit kills all the little bastards that attack our plants.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing, especially like this part … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

You better not be posting some hippy dippy granola funk bs! Get the napalm out and take care of your pest problems once and for all! It’s a sure fire way to kill your spider mites and charlie! It has a four minute half life so your weed will be totally safe to smoke by harvest. :speak_no_evil: :joy: :v:

7 Likes

I feel like I’m listening to an episode of animal planet. Learned ants keep aphids prisoner for their booty juices. Is this why most aphids are born prego already??? :rofl::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

she doesn’t look happy brother

2 Likes

My connection out west is using ladybugs. $12.50 for 1500 in all grow stores. Aphids would be eaten in one night. His terrible infestation had 1-200 on each leaf. Each ladybug eats 20/day. Their larvae, which hatch in 3 days, eat 200/day. Good luck.

8 Likes

Ladybugs are not sustainable. I’d recommend green lacewings, parasitoid wasps, etc.

Wild ladybug larvae are ok though. :wink:

7 Likes

Great options. Apparently tons of growers out west this year are using the ladybugs…that’s too bad they aren’t sustainable. I’ll check that link out, thanks.

4 Likes

Gonna try some of that DE when I get back home.

On vacation; is it bad that I miss my plants ? Hahaha :slight_smile: cheers all!

2 Likes

Make sure you use the micronized version and keep in mind it is a heavy fertilizer for the dosage … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Pyganic works well on aphids.

1 Like

Make sure to get the freshwater DE. Shit works well.

2 Likes

So I checked out that podcast on ladybugs. There is only one wild harvested ladybug. The Convergent ladybeetle. They overwinter in the foothills of the SIerra Nevada mts in cali, where they are illegally collected as a colony, and sold at stores. Best to avoid these particular ladybeetle until we learn whether their population numbers are going down due to over harvesting, or going up from the plentiful food source they are released into, creating a great environment for having babies. I would imagine a wild harvested lady beetle brought in to say northern Oregon, would have a tough time making it all the way back to the Sierra Nevada.

5 Likes