What kind of bug? [Identified] Aphids

Never seen these before but there on the move.

8 Likes

Seems like Aphid to me…

13 Likes

I second aphid. Bit of a soapy foliar at lights out should see the back of them :wink:

7 Likes

first thing I thought too :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanx guys. These plants are being groomed as mothers. I have never dealt with aphids in all my years. What ratio of soap to water ratio do you recommend?

2 Likes

I’ll be honest aphids a fuck ass hard to eliminate. Try to get something similar to ths https://www.ortho.com/en-ca/products/bugs/ortho-bug-b-gon-eco-insecticide-concentrate and Insecticidal soap. Alternate every 3/4 days. With the Bug B Gone spray with the lights off as the main chemical Pyrethrin breaks down after two hours.

Lady bugs will work good for aphids.

4 Likes

1tbsp to a litre is supposed to be the go to but start with half that and see how you go. @AquaTerra is right. May be difficult to shift them all but you can hinder them at least for a while

2 Likes

First, I’m not trying to be a dick… just attempting to give you an honest answer about your question
Do you have, or can you take, a better picture of said insect, please?

Proper identification is important when it comes to insects on plants. Guessing is for the birds! The insect is blurry in that pic… it could be a whitefly, it could be an aphid, maybe it’s something else.

A clear picture of the problem will get the answers you are asking about with certainty.

4 Likes

Hope this video from my tent of horrors will help to recognize it, I think they are aphids eating a spider mite, wild life on direct … :grin:

1 Like

bummer bro… ive good luck with azamax from GH, and green cleaner

1 Like

I’m gonna try this stuff. I use it on my pepper’s and it doesn’t seem to hurt them. Anyone use it before?

1 Like

End all will kill aphids. It’s relatively mild and might require some persistence.

If you can cut the plants down to like one small branch each then blast them under the shower evey day for a week or so. Really get them everywhere including under the leaves. While they’re drying in the shower you can clean your space and/or spray it with end all to get any that might be hanging out in there.

4 Likes

Aphids don’t eat other insects, they are strictly plant feeders that feed on plant sap and excrete a sweet substance known as “honeydew” that does attract different kinds of insect pests, like ants and other undesirables.

4 Likes

Safers insecticidal soap will kill soft body insects within minutes they appear to be aphids but mention early a. Better pic would benefit aphids have the pear shaped body and most often if large enough will a have a set of three projections call” tail pipes “ and move pretty damn slow check out my grow thread on how I dealt with large masses of them on my outdoor grow!

3 Likes

Sorry you have a bug issue. I have yet to grow enough to experience this nightmare. I hope it works out for you though. Would be a shame for those bugs to eat your medication.

Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

End all is great for veg but don’t spray it in flower. Never had aphids but kills whiteflies dead.

4 Likes

In my thread I talk about a product that’s called JWA ( Jadam wetting agent)it’s basically a homemade liquid soap that u can make a gallons worth of soap for a couple bucks using vegetable oil and sodium hydroxide pretty much the same as any insect soap out there !

3 Likes

I’m going to find that and print it out. I been printing out all useful information from this site. I copy and paste what I think is useful into a word doc and than I have everything handy. Thanks!!

3 Likes

End-All is an indiscriminate insect killer that will effectively eliminate every insect/caterpillar/worm/mite/whatever you have on your plants, including every stage of that bugs life. By being indiscriminate, that means it will kill all good bugs that come into contact with it too.

I’ve used it on many types of vegetables to control aphids, beetles and whatnot and it worked quickly and totally wiped out my problem. I did see some leaf discolorization on a couple of the softer leaves of some of my vegetables, but it wasn’t too bad and they recovered rather quickly.

I have not used it on my cannabis because it’s a product that can be used “up to day of harvest”, meaning it needs to be washed off before consumption, like would be done to the vegetables/fruits one would grow.
I would consider using it during veg, though definitely not during flowering, but that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

If they are aphids remember to treat your soil too
I would rather fight aphids then spotted mites
I hate spidermites

3 Likes