Anyone using light movers? Thoughts?

This is the third grow with mine and I’m pretty sure they make a difference. Could be that I just wanna justify the work and money but I’m a believer

5 Likes

Yes I’ve seen others use them with great efficiency, and have fantastic results, I’d.like to experiment with them.

1 Like

I loved mine when I used it to move my LEDs over a 3x5 area for flower. When I get a veg tent I plan on using it to move my LEDs in there.

3 Likes

I feel like you have to defoil or it really doesn’t work as well

I imagine they are useful but it’s too many moving parts for me.

1 Like

I’ve used them for nearly 20 years. I love them and would not want a larger grow room without them - especially if using HID lighting.

5 Likes

I have been running one for a good long time. I run hps, hortilux eye 1000 and because of the mover, it sends rays throughout the room, like it should. Prevents shading etc… As far as yields are concerned, I honestly believe I got a bit higher yield with a stationary Light.

2 Likes

Never heard of a light mover I just use them. Rachet straps for hanging

1 Like

if you search, you can find info on them. Very cool.

I contemplated on buying one for the sole purpose of keeping tents cooler and more efficient. But when I read on many reviews of problems or malfunctions. And personally I don’t know anybody around here where I live that use them. Then I look to other grand scale operations and I didn’t see them using them either. And the third reason is just like @Foreigner had said its adding to more things 2 go wrong (moving parts). Definitely a good topic that I pondered on. I’m curious to what other OGers input on this.

2 Likes

After running mine and paying attention, I believe they eliminate most shadows. I lollipop the best I can but in the back of the net well ya know I’m not as limber as I used to be. Anywhoo that larf bud is more chunky to me.

Which unit did u get? And where was it purchased at?

1 Like

then you can add a light with another pulley and extension rails. So I have two lights ripping all day. I think the light mover is when the wife started to realize I have a problem🤪

6 Likes

That’s the same brand as all of mine. It’s a high quality product and a great company. They make replacement parts for all the wearable items, too. Great choice!

4 Likes

Did u guys get them from Amazon?

2 Likes

I did get on Amazon @MTL

1 Like

The ones I have now I got from ebay, but I got replacement parts directly from the manufacturer to make them like new.

1 Like

I’m on my first run with a light rail 5.0…running 2 315cmh on either end and a 600w hps in the center…it wasn’t cheap to say the least. I could have bought more lights instead, but I was feeling adventurous.
I won’t know if it was worth it until I finish a few grows under it…but I mostly run auto’s and usually at 24/0 or 20/4 which almost always created light stress in mid flower…so far so good, no stress and the ladies seem to love it…
I have yet to decide whether or not I do.

3 Likes

So, are those lights heavier than led? I was concerned about 3 lights per drive. Does the dc motor struggle that you can see? Pretty much trying to gather as much info as I can. Going to be building out my grow operation in coming months.

1 Like

The light rail 5.0 is designed to hold 250 lbs…I’m guessing it all depends on what size led your using.20210714_203920|690x388

4 Likes