Light movers - Anyone having any luck with them?

light movers anyone doing good with them or not?

1 Like

If yare talkin but indoor lamps movin over carils my friend Psylocibo uses It n sais he can grow with it with one lamp the same plants (or nearly) than whith two “non movin” lights… But bout me, I dont know anything bout indoors growin…

Its hit and miss, I myself got a light mover, (chain type) and it sucked. Jam prone etc… My medi client has a 1 but its the roller type. Its working great.

I’m using a 1KW DE open bulb with it. Its good. 1K’s have notorious hotspots, We have the throw of the mover set relatively small off hand I think we are working the light back and forth with a 12-18 inch throw.

It easier to keep leaf surface temps in check, we’ve been able to work the light very close 24 inches, with only a bit heat or light stress. I recently moved the light to 30 inches, just watching stuff to see what happens.

Whats nice is the even canopy, I usually have that one plant that hogs the light. in SCROG with a mover I get a nice flat profile, with less lights.

I prefer more lights over movers.

1 Like

Im gonna try this led to save on power but they cost alot so I thought id try a mover to the 4 footer adjustable…the leds an advanced 350 Im hoping it works well,if not back too the 1ks…thanks Ill probably get the better mover.

A buddy of mine has both fixed and mover. We really couldn’t see any benefit with the moving fixture over the fixed.

Do not get advanved led unless you wanna get ripped off. If you wanna save power using leds youre gonna suffer on the yeild. Now imagine building your own cob that runs at about 600 watts and puts out the same amount of photons a 1000w hps would.

Id try COB I dont know much about building or where to get the parts, If I had some info Id try it.

1 Like

Theres just nothing like the sun!

The sun has a light mover :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Growmau5 on youtube has a guide starting with shit starting at not knowing anything about leds or electronics and ending with you knowing everything and feeling like a pro. Pm me if you need any help with led builds, where to find stuff, what you need, etc.

yes the sun has the all mighty light mover.

Ill check it out. thank you.

1 Like

Reviving this topic.

Was considering adding a light mover to my tent for a 1000w air cooled hood.

Wondering what people are using? The only brand I can find is light rail.

Hoping for insights for anyone with experience using these.

Thanks OG,
Bammer

I have a light rail 3.0, absolutely :cupid: it. I have my 315 cmh rolling front to back with 2 mars hydro ts1000 hanging on the sides.

Can I ask what you paid for yours? Looking on amazon they are 350 CAD. Wondering if this is “market” price or if I should keep hunting for a better deal.

I have great success with them…

1 Like

I got the light rail 3.5 extreme duty version with the robostick, or whatever they call it, for $234 USD shipped on amazon. Its been running for the majority of a year, 12 hours a day, I think I will need to get a new wheel at about 18 months , but I’ve read you can get them at harbor tool instead of buying the branded ones. I’ll have to look it up again pretty soon. It really did add 30% onto my yield for the same watts

Thanks guys. That’s in the ball park of what the cost is on amazon now.

I’ll need to take some measurements and figure a few things out but it sounds good!

Do you use an air cooled HID by any chance?

I am not sure exactly how that will work, but I need to keep the exhaust hooked up while this thing is moving the lamp.

I use them. They help with getting light to lower bud sites, moving hot spots and increased coverage. If used right. Just like most pieces of equipment/tools they’re only good if you know how to utilize them correctly

1 Like

Heres my setup…

2 Likes