Anyone with Hempy bucket experience?

A heads up for anyone looking for hempy bucket parts, I saw that this pack of 10 black plastic buckets just dropped in price from $56 to $38, not sure how long that will last, but here it is:

4 Likes

If youā€™re looking for food grade buckets restaurants throw them out by the dozen.

Busy restaurants are a great place to look. Mine are almost all pickle buckets.

Chinese joints throw away a ton of soy sauce 5gal buckets too.

Those Tidy Cats 4 gallon square buckets are also excellent hempies.

5 Likes

yeah that used to be an option around here before Covid. The Tidy Cat square buckets are a good idea - reduce, reuse, recycle! The ones I posted are food-grade.

I canā€™t believe theyā€™ll ship you a stack of 10 buckets for free!

1 Like

they didnt get here in time,. so I complained, and got a $15 credit on amazon, so thatā€™s a final cost to me of $23 for 10 buckets shipped and they are supposedly going to be here tomorrow

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten a few things from Amazon over the years that Iā€™ve had to complain about or return, and they always just refund and sometimes replace and refund or give me a bonus $10 gift card or something no questions asked. Iā€™d feel bad about itā€¦if I didnā€™t see how much Bezos is raking in. Hard to feel bad about a few bucks when Bezos is essentially printing money lol.

1 Like

I like to think that I am a very honest person, and I donā€™t want to take advantage of anyone even a corporation, but this is how they handle late deliveries, so I donā€™t feel bad at all. The amazon rep first offered me a $10 credit, and then I pointed out the fact that they currently advertise the same item on their site as ā€œdelivery available tomorrowā€ and they .increased the credit to $15.

4 Likes

HP pro + Organic nutrients + Water/Light + Party cup Hempy.

4 Likes

Ahhh, perlite and vermiculite!! Awesome thanks @dequilo. :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I just finished my hemp bucket run, and it turned out great, but I think it would benefit from installing a pvc tube and air stone in to the growing medium, and down in to the lower area where the rocks are located. Also, the plants are more Nitrogen hungry than usual in the flowering stages, because I noticed the leaves yellowing and falling off sooner than they normally would have in soil, so if you use hempy buckets be sure to keep up the nitrogen more in the flowering stages than you normally would. Also donā€™t skimp on the cal/mag.

2 Likes

Someone tried running the air line into the buckets somewhere in that 1000 page hempy bucket thread on icmag, said the results were the same so they took them out. Canā€™t remember the exact page or user. That thread took me a week to read haha.

2 Likes

isnā€™t that DWC? :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

If youā€™re gonna run air you might as well haha. Only benefit at that point is that it isnā€™t reliant on cool reservoir temps.

I also tend to do big flushes every few waterings, as opposed to 10% runoff each time, but thatā€™s just me.

One thing I love about hempy buckets is that if you have plants all over the place height-wise, you can stack the buckets for shorter plants to get them closer to the light for an even canopy. Just a little trick I do since thereā€™s always one short plant every flower round.

3 Likes

for me in all my growing in pots/buckets I like to water with

plain water every fourth watering

with a good runoff

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

just did a google search of hempy buckets with airstone, and apparently it has already been done over and over again already with mixed results, but it seems the consensus is why reinvent the wheel - and the gpw isnā€™t really any better with the airstone in the pots however the res if you are using one, with 15 min on/off does benefit the plants. People are getting great results using full strength, nutes followed by half strength, then 1/4 strength and then plain water, repeat.

2 Likes

I am working on starting a hempy bucket grow myself. Have you ever run just 100% perlite?

2 Likes

dang buddy, im excited to see my hempy plants flower out now. got me day dreaming instead of working on active directory projects

1 Like

I have drives failing on 10 Terabyte NAS an Oracle Database no feeling well

Exchange sever filling up an error log a day :slight_smile:

I am spending my time learn how to post in the grids :wink:

they pay me

Dequilo

1 Like

exchange is always fun, one of my strong points, citrix vdiā€™s not so much lol. currently going through a crash course refresher

I could fix things but they are selling the company so I am not sure who I am going to be

working for or if I will be working for whom ever

so I am not motivated right at this time, I am hoping to get fired so I can grow on

unemployment over the 2021 season outside :wink:

but I more than likely will not be so lucky

be safe and stay well

Dequilo