Approx Quantity Per Plant?

This is not true.

I grew a plant that yielded 6 grams once. I also got a pound off a 300w light on my last run but that’s not even a modern hybrid. It was a Central American sativa. 3 plants grown in 2 gallon buckets fwiw

You can grow giant trees in small pots if you want. Or small plants in big pots if you want to. It doesn’t matter as long as you feed and water them effectively.

I prefer g per w because it’s easy but g per sq/M works too. A pound per sq M would be a very good result.

1 Like

It’s true if you’re managing your boron levels properly… clearly you’re not.:stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I’m taking remedial night classes on the use of boron so I’m trying to learn.

:joy:

7 Likes

lol you’re in the right place :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don’t even know what boron is. Is it anything like moron lol

1 Like

Boron is a micronutrient.

The line between boron and moron is too close to call.

4 Likes

Boron Dude……I remember that guy ,he had like 3 sock puppet accounts to preach the word of Boron……

3 Likes

Oh he had more than that.

I’m sure he’s waiting to pounce again with the same old same old I’m smarter than everyone.

4 Likes

Far more than 3, more like 30… and yes, he’s still at it, fairly sure he’s already posted in this thread with an account made yesterday. By next week it’ll be abandoned and he’ll make a new one next time… :man_shrugging: Whatever makes him happy, I guess, though I don’t understand the point myself.

1 Like

Boron is found in Borax laundry detergent.(bragging on my age now)

2 Likes

IDK your conditions but just my 2 cents. 3 gallon pots 2-3 oz x 3 or 4 every 70days with 300watts of good light. about an oz a week to keep me in meds on the cheap. I grow coco with mega crop for nutes

1 Like

that’s where I saw it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh man… I gotta get my boron and for that matter molybdenum game going on……

2 Likes

Are you reading my soil test results again? :grin:

3 Likes

We’ve known for quite some time that this is a made up word and I don’t believe in it.

1 Like

Very nice Shamus

Ive found balancing the cations to be better than pushing any one micro nutrient.
A good place to find a chart for balancing is Michael Astera’s The Ideal Soil 2.0.
I will say manganese is one that I find to be deficient in many soils and once that’s balanced plants get huge.
To up any specific cation, I prefer using its sulfate form. In fact, my favorite ammendment is gypsum - calcium sulfate. It ‘magically’ balances soil by using the sulfate to detatch any cation in excess and replace that cation exchange site with calcium. And ideal soil is 65-80 % calcium (lower calcium and high magnesium for sprout/veg and low mag and high calcium for finishing flowering)

6 Likes

I really enjoyed that book. It’s surprisingly well written and a quick read.

2 Likes

All of you guys that are using these fancy words for micro nutrients… you’re going right over my head…

I am following the chart given to me previously showing how to feed Dr Earth and using a little less than the recommended amount because my dirt is a very good quality…

As for the size of my container (some of you have commented that I might need bigger ones), they start in cups, then go to 32 oz when the roots show, then, when they get too top heavy, they go into a Tidy cats bucket…, they are big.

These are the three sizes:

I have a water meter… I don’t water until they are below half dry, and use distilled water.

PS: @alwaysnoob, @Shamus, @Foreigner, @LennyB , @Cybersmib, @rooted, @AzSeaindooin420, @Gpaw, @shag , @ColeLennon , @Indicana_Jones , and anyone I may have missed as I scrolled back through… thank you all very much… and… to those who said things like “good luck brother… dude…” etc., I’m a gal. LoL :laughing: Good luck to all of you too!

9 Likes

No worries,

So you’ve been introduced to NPK
Nitrogen (NH4, NO3, NO2), Phosphorous (P2O4), and Potassium (K because it comes from german spelling of potassium)

Cation Exchange Site - so soil has these negatively charged sites that allow positively charged molecules (minerals / cations) to bind to them. So peat, coco coir, or dirt have these sites that have an electric charge and any positively charged salt / cation will bind to them with a weak bond.

Negatively charged particles are things like Nitrogen and Phosphorous. So they dont bind to soil, they stick around bound either to water or as an organic compound (chicken poop, rock dust, compost)

So a balanced soil is one where there are correct rations of these salts (cations / minerals).
For example, 70 % Calcium, 10% Magnesium, 5% Potassium, then the other 15% will be a balance of Manganese, Iron, and all the other metals.
When All these organic salts (minerals) are balanced, the plant is able to feed itself from the soil.

5 Likes

This is how you get yields. It also allows you to run a breeding program in a very small space. :leaves::leaves:

You can fit 50 seedlings for an open pollination or 120 clones in a 2x2. A 60 in high trapazodial pyramid with a 1 sqft base has about 13 sqft of plantable surface area.

@Reithel Are you excited yet? :grin::rosette:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes