Are There Basements in Florida?

Yes. There’s one here and I started growing in it about 16 years ago. It is not the driest of basements especially when we get heavy rains for a week at a time (like what happened here in the past 10 days or so). Winter months are usually the worst time for a wet basement. The trees and turf are leafless and dormant then and couple that with our normal rainy season and it can get pretty miserable down there. At the moment it is damp.

I am growing under Fluence SpydrX Plus lights- one in veg room one in flower room. I flower in 3 gallon pots and I have 9 pots under the light. I set up a perpetual grow that produces one plant a week. I harvest one and replace that plant with one from veg. The plants move from front to back in the room and they shift one position each week as they progress through flowering.

#7---> #8---> #9
**^**
 #6<--- #5<--- #4
              **^**
 #1---> #2---> #3

I grow in a soilless mix called BM-7 made by Berger. It’s a pine bark, peat moss, perlite mix. I started using MegaCrop in March.

Here’s what it looks like downstairs a few minutes ago.

Flower Room

7 Stardawg x Charlotte’s Web Testers

Genius Thai in week 9. Harvest comes on Sunday

Cherry WiFi Week 6

Starfighter Week 5

A couple shots of the Veg Room

There you go, @Mr.Sparkle, I got it up.
:smiley:

50 Likes

@buzzmobile you da man.
Nice basement brother, it’s nice to know where those amazing flowers you show off are living.

Keep your water wings handy, it’s flood season!

Stay hazed
Jake

11 Likes

The water table is so high in most of Florida.

You must be among the few that have one.

Looks like it hasn’t kept you back at all, that’s for sure.

Nice haul.

10 Likes

You’ll harvest soon.

6 Likes

Hi @buzzmobile My guess is that you live in northern FL? I have lived in south FL since 1980 (Broward and Dade counties).
And I have never seen nor heard of any basements in my area.

Nice job on the basement grow.
I grew in basements in the NE and always liked them…easy to cover windows for dark cycle. Always used a dehumidifier, even in winter.
Good to see you here at Overgrow!

11 Likes

Nice looking setup you got going! Has that Genius Thai had MegaCrop the whole grow? It looks delicious. Also - are you hand watering everything?

6 Likes

Hiya’s Buzzy, good to see you, hope your doing well in the rain and the heat of Florida. That basement sure looks like it can produce top shelf dank. Looking forward to seeing the dank roll out of the basement.

6 Likes

I have had a couple of power outages/ sump pump failures over the years. We had a Christmas Eve storm several years ago that knocked out the power and I stepped into shin deep water in the dark. :scream: I could have used those water wings on my feet. Thanks for stopping by.

You are correct on both counts. We lived here for over 10 years before I turned it from a dank moldy cellar into a dank moldy grow area. :grin: There have been challenges down there, but growing my own had made it worth the effort. Nice to meet you, @99PerCent.

Yes I will. Harvest happens every Sunday.

That’s a good guess. It’s a little place called Nearly Georgia, Florida.:wink: You’re down in my birth area. Born in Miami and grew up in Homestead. I don’t know of any basements down there. I have a dehumidifier running year round and I have it raised on blocks to stay above the high water mark. I appreciate the welcome.

Thank you. Yes the Genius Thai was raised on MegaCrop. I started using the MC on Mar. 11. Since then I have used it on everything in the rooms. I do hand water with 1 gallon jugs (orange juice of course. Anita Bryant would be proud of me.) I feed with every watering.

Young, @Kraven, it is good to see you as well. As long as my gills hold up I can stand a little rain and a lot of heat. We should probably safety test some of the aforementioned dank.

12 Likes

lemme get my hard hat and start your way…

6 Likes

How are you liking the spyrx plus? I’m seriously considering dropping the cash on one. Getting tired of battling heat and shutting down over the summer.

3 Likes

You aren’t kidding…

3 Likes

It’s the best thing I have done in the grow room since I bought digital ballasts. :grin: The lights still generate heat but nothing like 1000 watts of HPS and MH. I grow year round but the summer temps can make for fluffy buds. I’ll know more as the temperatures climb outside. Highest temps so far have been 96F while the corresponding temp measured on the light hit 84.

The quality and quantity of buds has increased dramatically under the Fluence.

11 Likes

We could have held a D-Day memorial smoke offering today. See you Friday.

5 Likes

Gotta love the Google machine.

6 Likes

See ya Friday then, bout the same time. :evergreen_tree: :fire: :peace:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Good to meet another from Nearly Georgia member on here! I am about 30 miles or so from the Georgia border myself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

some of us have to work on Fridays… I have a helmet, flip flops, vape pen and plenty of squish. All things required for safety meetings… Oh and I’m about a hour above the nearly Florida line.

4 Likes

If I holler loud enough and the wind is right the peaches across the line can hear me, @pookie123. Nice to meet you, neighbor.:slight_smile:

There are others of us who know that Fridays are meant for Safety Meetings. Take the day off due to that old standby… Family Emergency. It is good to get a SS check. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It means I have outlived my expectations.

11 Likes

lol, @Grower13 tell your boss you need a day off and let me know what he says.

5 Likes