Makin' Biscuits Outdoors

Welcome :hugs:

I grow weed in the Blue ridge. USUALLY I grow in DWC hydro, but this will be my first run outside!

Here are my previous grows.
Scarlet Grapes in buckets :grapes:
Making biscuits pt.3
LPC#75 in DWC
Experiment in seed making
First grow ever!

This year I’m growing (all fems from @Hashpants)

Ice Durban x White Widow
Tillamook x GG4 x SS
Northern Lights #2
Indiana Bubblegum

They are all in soil cubes with the summer squashes and cukes. I need to get humidity domes for my flats, but I can’t find them anywhere. I’ll saran wrap them for now.

27 Likes

My writing is terrible! The Durban is ACC as in Alaska Cannabis Catche (Hieme Cheebas line) x 98 White Widow. These are great outdoors. Soo much luck and bountiful harvests!

12 Likes

Those are some quality genetics! I like that you’re experiencing with alternative growing methods and styles. Wishing you a successful outdoor season!

Just want to casually mention that DWC can be awesome outdoors too! It’s helpful to bury the bucket to keep it cool and ensure they’re supplied adequate water because they’ll probably transpire a bunch more than when indoors. Just something to think about because I know you like your DWC system!

Looking forward to seeing your season progress. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

Shots of the ACC Durban x 98 White Widow, I supercropped it every other day it seemed like. Couldn’t keep it down.

17 Likes

Best of luck with the outdoor grow this year. The Northern Lights#2 is a really nice strain. So is the Bubblegum but the NL2 jars seem to empty out first around here. Very nice buzz that helps with pain and stress.

10 Likes

A Tillamook x GG4 x SS fem from that pack. As @FirstCavApache64 mentioned the NL#2 is really vigorous and the high is a happy old school vibe, imo.

14 Likes

:joy: I’ve tore up the label to get it in my seed box, but here it is, this is how wild strain names get started. One dude can’t write and the other can’t read

I’m trying to get my husband to let me bury an IBC tote full of catfish. No luck so far.

9 Likes

Yea, that’s definitely an I IMG_20240324_165543

10 Likes

I’m cackling :rofl:

It’s like we’re all stoned or something. I feel real bad for the handful of members that are caretakers and just grow, but don’t smoke. True saints.

9 Likes

Looks like a fun run :metal:

Ive used all kinds of things for domes in a pinch. If you cant find one, clear totes are always great :+1:

3 Likes

I thought about doing this several years ago but I kill everything I try to grow in hydro. :flushed:

3 Likes

Tillamook x GG4 x SS is up! Hopefully the others are soon. I don’t usually germinate in soil, but I don’t usually grow in it at all. I’m sure they will come up shortly, if not I’ll put more in!

9 Likes

In case you’re interested, another member here is growing the Tillamook x 91 Hashplant . Day 49 f.

12 Likes

:eyes:
I’m very interested, look at that beauty!

3 Likes

Son of a b….!!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

My son grew some catnip and RT approves.

Spring break starts today and I am so, so ready for it. I’m a middle school teacher. I love my students with all of my heart, but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Looking forward to putzing around in the gardens this week and getting everything ready for the season. It’s supposed to be a gorgeous week in my hills.

10 Likes

Two more up, I dug up the last one to see what’s up and the shell is cracked, barely after I scratched at it a bit. I replanted it and will wait and see.

7 Likes

I’m starting a little side project. I’ve got a bunch of bag seeds my dad gave me and I’m seeing if any pop. Then I’m going to put them in kratky jars. I’ve been wanting to try growing a sampling of smaller plants. I’ve tried a couple different ways, and it hasn’t worked out for me quite yet.

6 Likes

Transplanted the three who popped into larger totes. I think they are 3 gallon. They will go into a 10 gallon later. The northern lights didn’t come up. I’m going to put an auto in. I’ve got some seeds @RainToday sent in my hand.
I bought some happy frog and ocean floor. I used just the happy frog today, then I’ll transplant into the ocean floor. I mulched with fines I had hanging around.

I’ve been playing with the soil recipe for my raised beds, but I am not at all happy or trusting of them for weed. I’d like to work on improving my soil, but for this grow it’s going to be fox farms soil.

Pics of the transplants and the raised beds!

14 Likes

Nice! :heart_eyes: I suggest you plant extra autos so you can cull down to your favorite girls, I’ll send you more if you need them. :grin:
Those are some tasty looking veggies! I’m behind with my peas and such.

3 Likes