Are you a ''Lone Grower''?

Talking to guys on here, I was surprised at how few ever mention their significant other helping with their grow or harvest.
Is that common…that your ‘other half’ just steers clear- or do prefer they stay out of it?

Share your experiences, reasons, views on growing with the one you love!!! :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart:

38 Likes

My family has no idea what goes on in the forbidden basement of mystery.

I’ve had one or two house guests get a clue mid-flower, but I neither confirm or deny. :sunglasses:

47 Likes

My wife just doesn’t have the interest in cannabis that I do. I do it all myself and that’s fine. It’s my thing.

34 Likes

My partner she doesn’t partake so just me.

22 Likes

It’s a 50/50 split. :worried:
I grow it,she smokes it!
:older_man::owl::sunglasses:

50 Likes

Lone grower here. My wife doesn’t partake(neither do I atm). Just a great hobby that she does not share the same interest as myself.

12 Likes

My wife has her things. I have mine. She does not partake in smoking nor growing. It’s all me.

21 Likes

My husband will 3D print parts for me, or let me use old equipment from his hobbies. We just moved to a legal state, he likes to smoke and is supportive. Otherwise he doesn’t touch my plants. Too many cooks spoils the soup.

32 Likes

I’m a lone ranger myself

13 Likes

Well-- until his stroke, Draig and I did all the growing together… since 2003.
He has a better eye for possible issues, and is better at LST than I am- and makes all the decisions on what strains we grow/breed.
I am good at the mixing soil and nutes, replanting, watering, trimming and sprouting.
We both Harvest/trim…
I do not partake… I WANT it to work for me, but can’t smoke/vape or I cough till I puke…and haven’t fond the right strain and dose for edibles for me yet…but working on it.
Draigs BIGGEST Job is long-term curing and testing the buds…and he’s great at making hash…rubbed or Ice bag…I help with the bags too… but the rubbed hash is his thing!!

I guess I never ‘got it’ why wives/partners wouldn’t want to at least help, or at least know a little about it… Then again, I’m not into a LOT of ‘girl’ stuff either…and would rather be gardening or doing my art than anything else!

36 Likes

Mine is the same.

13 Likes

We split the functions. I grow and my better half handles the extracts.

My wife only uses CBD, I do both… ‘as required’ :laughing: :+1:

We both love the local ‘gray market’ events. The folks that attend these events are rather eclectic and very cool.
Attending these events in 2022 has been a blast and we are really looking forward to 2023.

Cheers
G

32 Likes

Have you tried applying topically? And a PAX 3 on the lowest setting is like breathing in Air, I’ve yet to cough one time. Just a suggestion homie :+1: :peace_symbol:

Oh & if I had a girlfriend/wife that wasn’t into cannabis, I’d find another one :laughing:

9 Likes

My wife has seen The Godfather enough to know to never ask about my business.

23 Likes

My wife shuts the flower room door for me if I sleep in too long. She also helps me trim and she is the power house behind making our edibles. She 100% leaves all of the growing and strain selections up to me.

15 Likes

My wife uses the cbd tincture I amke for her back pain. It has low.level thc so she doesn’t get buzzed as she doesn’t like the feeling…I’d rather she smoke that than the marlboros but it’s up to her to do that.
She will help in a pinch and is my sniff tester…smell my finger.!!

13 Likes

lucky u
so lonely…xD

4 Likes

It took me a couple years to convince the wife to let me grow. She was just worried about the repercussions of being caught in an illegal state. We both partake in marijuana but she stays out of the grow room. She has no interest of that side of marijuana. But I love sharing my passion for the plant with her and what all goes into it even though she doesn’t understand half of what I say :joy:

23 Likes

Just me.
But the old lady is a plant person to.
She does not smoke but sometimes buy me strains cause she thinks they are pretty.
That’s how I grew Tropicana
Have to give the old lady kudos on that one.

11 Likes

I try and ask the wife what she smells. Every time I get “it just smells like weed”

21 Likes