2nd Grow: berry theme

Hello again growers! Back from vacation and ready to get back to happy fun time! My only happy fun time, because well, I’m married. You know how it goes.
Growing 2 strains this time, from GLG, Strawberry Diesel and Frostberry. 3 of 3 SD germinated, 2 of 4 FB germinated. No making seeds this time because that was too much stress and work. Keeping it simple.
Soil is homemade, 1 part compost, 1 part cow manure/decomposed wood, 2 parts dirt from the garden beds. Mixed a little blood meal, bone meal and magnesium, with some perlite to aerate.
Nothing’s changed with the setup so everything’s the same. Weathers cooler so heat and humidity should be a minimal factor to fight with. Still haven’t figured out if I should try any training or techniques this go around. Happy growing!

32 Likes

Your first grow went well, I’m sure your second will be even better!

7 Likes

Pulling up a stump to park on :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I hope you do well.

2 Likes

Good luck! off to a great start!
lets get high
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

3 Likes

Im interested to see how your soil mix performs and your grow develops👍

2 Likes

Strawberry diesel sounds tasty.

2 Likes

@Jango So far they seem to be liking the soil! Was worried at first cuz the cow poo was in a bin for many months and got super mushy from rain and had a great funk to it, but just because it seems nasty to us, doesn’t mean plants think the same. The plethora of earthworms in it is usually a good sign too. But so far things looking good, lost 2 frost berry seeds, and 3 for 3 healthy strawberry diesel!!

6 Likes

If you’ve got worms living in it thats great, and its not too hot👍

1 Like

Stinky Berrys …MMMM

1 Like

Weekly update. These plants have hit a growth spurt! I really don’t remember my first grow developing this fast but that’s asking a lot to remember something from that long ago. I haven’t used any nutrients yet, plan on using foxfarm nutes on the next watering. Light is still on half power, maybe a bit less, thinking about cranking it up some since I’m hovering in the upper 70s on average. Loving this cooler weather for sure! Still deciding on doing topping and training. Maybe with just one for the practice and experience.

8 Likes

I like the pans. I’ll do the same. Gives nice reflection. Clean room. I had to reread it. The rh is what’s making it difficult for me right now. The should love it. Soon they will be dancing. Lol

1 Like

@Hemp What’s your humidity levels? They say high humidity during seedlings and early veg growth, I’ve been rather low in the 40s-50s and doesn’t seem to be slowing them down any?

2 Likes

I try has high as possible. 70 to 50 back and forth I’m in flowering now at 65%. I give up. Lol I spray mine with foliage spray of some sort. You got to be careful and you got to keep fans going all the time. I have more than anything going. Fans lol. I have a dehumidifier . At the end they get dry. I’m different. Lol. Of seeds I don’t run a dome. This is how I do mine. Heating pad. 15 min on 15 off. 20/4, 18/6, 16/8, 13/14 and then the flip. Sometimes I’ll give darkness at anytime. If I see stress. I grow regulars. Temperature are 80 is nice. I use cups. Low light. Any light. I use nirvana as a spray. Mixed with water. Not to much. It has potassium. It will turn the leaves white. And then when they’re the size like you got there I’ll hit them with neem oil and a fungus spray. This wax’s the leaves making the pant forcing the roots to grow. This is a lock out. It only for a minute. Because I continue to spray. After that I put a humidifier in there. Until a foot tall. Solo to one gallon to two or 3. I’ll be honest I like 4 to 5 gallon containers. This ways work for me. Do I have problems. Yes. Mold bugs no. I’m ruffing it for now.

@hemp as long as what you do works!! I’m not at a level yet where I strive for optimum growth rate so I haven’t messed with the oils and misting and what not. Im also a shed grower so the air intake is variable to what the outside temp/humidity is so it’s all over the board! I know plants adapt so as long as you maintain consistency they should do ok. I wonder too that whatever atmosphere you grow in as off as it could be(extreme heat, no humidity) if you make seeds from the plant growing in that setting if the seeds will be adapted to that and thrive

1 Like

Weekly update, plants are chugging along great! Pushing out 11 fingered leaves now. I was never a big fan of fat leaves I always liked the skinnier leaves on plants, but these fat leaves are friggin beautiful!!! Big difference between seeing others grows vs growing them yourself. Guess I’m growing all natural, got one more week until flip as long as they look ready.

8 Likes

Looking good! With that short internode spacing I wouldn’t expect too much stretch.

1 Like

@Floyd I hope the light isn’t too close or too powerful, it’s about 17”from the tops and almost maxed out to keep it warm in the cab since it’s getting cold outside
Here’s an update, 4 1/2 weeks. They’re getting bigger but I think they are still too small to flower. I read from some here they flower at 4 weeks. Or do any of you think it’s ok to start flower? Not looking for bulk since I still have plenty from last harvest but I won’t if they’re too small still.

Frostberry

Strawberry Deisel and group pic
One plant has yellow on the lower leaves I think it’s nitrogen overload so cutting back on nutes. Homemade soil does good but I think the fox farm is a better overall mix. But hey this soil was free lol

6 Likes

I’m don’t know what light you are using but I doubt its a problem.
I like to go at least 6 weeks in veg grown from seed. I’m assuming these are regs so if you go a little longer you might see preflowers so you can cull any males. @ReikoX likes to flip them to 12/12 for 48 hours then back to 18/6 to encourage preflowers.
Yellowing lower leaves is more likely a lack of nitrogen than overload. Some yellowing lower leaves is normal and not a big deal

6 Likes

Light and water maybe. Getting sleep. Fat leaves. Nice and green. I get mine wet sometimes.

1 Like