Are you Magnetizing your Water?

Holy shit I haven’t seen or heard from ICP in years. Took me down memory lane. :rofl:

I never cared for em personally but I seem to remember this being a weird one not well received by their fans haha

2 Likes

Well, what results they are referencing are interesting.

I worked on both proton and alkali vapour magnetometers so I have a practical understanding of the principles involved.
My understanding is the residual effects of hydrogen bonding etc. dissipate relatively quickly.

In practical terms, I don’t know.

As a congressman once said “I’m from Missouri, you have got to show me…”

Cheers
G

6 Likes

" Studies have shown (Pang, 2006; Pang and Deng, 2008) that the magnetized water preserves the physicochemical properties that were triggered by the MF for a period of time even after the removal of MF. This features that the water is able temporarily to store the magnetic energy is called the memory effect of MW. The properties evoked by the MF then gradually disappear. The duration of the memory effect depends on the intensity of the applied MF, as the intensity of the MF increases, the time of memory increases. When MF applied to water of 25 °C was increased from 600 G up to 4000 G, the period of the memory time of MW increased from 35 min to 60 min (Pang and Deng, 2008)."

The effects subside fairly quickly

5 Likes

The Authors of the above article write:
“This features that the water is able temporarily to store the magnetic energy is called the memory effect of MW. The properties evoked by the MF then gradually disappear. The duration of the memory effect depends on the intensity of the applied MF, as the intensity of the MF increases, the time of memory increases. When MF applied to water of 25 °C was increased from 600 G up to 4000 G, the period of the memory time of MW increased from 35 min to 60 min.”

2 Likes

You know it’s really…really…REALLY easy to tell if this works. Do a controlled test on it.

5 Likes

Did you add a corn flake?

7 Likes

The world is a wild, wild place. I try not to discount anything

9 Likes

Hmm

4 Likes

Just quoted the same passage

They describe a study in which the “productivity of potato increased with 40.5%” so it seems its long enough.
Would be interesting to see how effects are in a RDWC-System.

4 Likes

well, do you know anything about the electrophysiology of the plant to begin with?

2 Likes

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. This emperor has no clothes.

3 Likes

I’m pretty skeptical of all this. I’d imagine still water subjected to a magnetic field might show some magnetic effects (diamagnetic not para), but I’d be very surprised if the fields could stay stable once the water is agitated. Of course there could be other effects on the ions of solutions, but magnetic water doesn’t seem like much. There were also a few odd things, like alluding to differences in the water when the field is produced by a permanent magnet vs electromagnet; that seems a little absurd. And mentioning string theory only allowing water molecules to bind to a maximum of two others, which is quickly disproven (?) by a figure showing several other configurations of water…

The idea magnetic field could be used to separate heavy metals is interesting, but then many other beneficial minerals might get stripped out as well…

4 Likes

Nothing to speak of.

She is discussing different models and favoring one (two-state model) over the other (string theory).

Reminds me of the guy that went in to an MRI Machine wearing a butt plug.

The author is claiming an increase in a lot of minerals found in plants. The studies she describes don’t seem to report deficiencies.

2 Likes

Yup! That is the one.

if you are familiar with the Springer publishing company, check out these texts:
Alexander G. Volkov’s Plant Electrophysiology: Signaling and Responses
and
Alexander G. Volkov’s Plant Electrophysiology: Methods and Cell Electrophysiology
are the best I have found for plants.

also look at the bioelectromagnetism of plants. This topic also is pertinent to human growth, and is an interesting and rarely openly discussed topic.

I can entertain discourse on the matter, but I cannot design your rooms!

4 Likes

Thanks for the correction here, I skimmed over it.

There are certainly some bold claims made, but I bet many of them have evidence like this (just the first source I looked at on one of these tests)

3 Likes

I found this product on amazon. Look at this review. It must do something.

Can’t argue with that!

3 Likes

This Thing i always wanted to try.Uses bird chirps to stimulate stomata https://dancarlsonsonicbloom.com/

4 Likes

I would avoid personal consumption of this at all costs

1 Like