Are you Magnetizing your Water?

To demonstrate that water does not stay magnetic after being magnetized, we need to understand and reference some key principles and experimental evidence from the field of magnetism and materials science.

Key Principles:

1. Diamagnetism:
  • Water is a diamagnetic material, which means it creates a weak magnetic field in opposition to an applied magnetic field. Diamagnetic materials do not retain magnetization; their magnetic behavior is only present while an external magnetic field is applied.
  1. Magnetic Retention:
  • For a material to retain magnetism after an external field is removed, it needs to have a ferromagnetic or ferrimagnetic structure. These structures have domains that can remain aligned, creating a permanent magnet. Water does not have such a structure.

Experimental Evidence:

1. Behavior of Diamagnetic Materials:
  • When an external magnetic field is applied to water, it induces a temporary alignment of its molecular structure that opposes the field. As soon as the field is removed, the molecular structure of water returns to its normal, non-magnetic state.
  1. Lack of Residual Magnetism:
  • Experiments with diamagnetic materials, including water, consistently show that they do not retain any magnetization once the external field is removed. This can be measured using sensitive magnetometers, which detect no residual magnetism in water after exposure to a magnetic field.

Practical Demonstration:

1. Experimental Setup:
  • Place a sample of water in a strong magnetic field and measure its magnetic properties using a magnetometer. You will observe a weak diamagnetic response.
  • Remove the magnetic field and immediately measure the water’s magnetic properties again.
  1. Expected Results:
  • While the water is in the magnetic field, the magnetometer detects a weak diamagnetic signal.
  • Once the magnetic field is removed, the magnetometer detects no remaining magnetic signal, demonstrating that the water does not retain magnetism.

Scientific Literature:

1. Peer-Reviewed Studies:
  • Numerous studies in materials science and physics support that diamagnetic materials, including water, do not retain magnetization after the external field is removed. The behavior of water in magnetic fields is well-documented and aligns with the principles of diamagnetism.
  1. Textbook References:
  • Standard physics and materials science textbooks describe the behavior of diamagnetic materials and clearly state that they do not retain magnetism. Examples include “Introduction to Solid State Physics” by Charles Kittel and “Fundamentals of Physics” by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker.

Conclusion:

Based on the principles of diamagnetism, experimental evidence, and scientific literature, it is clear that water does not stay magnetic after being magnetized. The temporary magnetic response observed in water disappears as soon as the external magnetic field is removed.

4 Likes

She begs to differ.

Seems pretty weak.

1 Like

Things like this make more sense to me. Play some rain sounds while you water or foliar or whatever, makes sense that the plant would use all available input to change it processes, from an evolutionary perspective. A big machine that makes a magic tone seems like bullshit haha.

In my understanding the authors do not claim that the water stays magnetic. The claim is that the magnetic field induces a change in molecular and atomic structure of water molecules and this change stays for a period of time.

1 Like

Screw the machine i just want the cds to play with sounds like an overated boom box to me

1 Like

Wtf

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

if anyone ever asks me to prove something im going to find the most casual person evers review and then ask AI to solve it. no doubt, this is the best approach, you seem like a genius to me for this. its like normal person vs bot. the bot knows best. normal person, not experts on anything it seems lmao . the bot usually will be right.

Didn’t even realize there was a machine for those, thought it was just cds haha!

They sell this huge speaker box to blow that sound across orchards.my neighbors woud bitch so bad

2 Likes

I use dowsing rods in a reverse way, I put them in my pots, and when they uncross, I need to water.

4 Likes

They do claim water is paramagnetic (which also doesn’t stay magnetized). I’m not a physicist, but I do have a degree in physics. My understanding is that water is generally considered diamagnetic, since there are no unpaired electrons.

Maybe there’s something to be said for the polar nature of water (but then the magnetic field creates small structures from my understanding of the paper, not overall orientation). Maybe there’s some net current effect which superimposes. Regardless, it seems like a bold claim. I’ll take a look at some of the other plant biology research sources.

I work with permanent magnets and have hundreds of high strength magnets laying around, but I don’t see myself actually trying to validate any of this. Claims are interesting though.

2 Likes

Magnetize your water with neodymium iron boron magnets. The boron guy was right all along.

2 Likes

this works for snails and slugs I’ve heard

1 Like

I skimmed the table of contents, as well as the table of contents of “Plant Electrophysiology Theory and Methods”. As far as I can see nobody in this books is talking about the magnetic treatment of irrigation Water. But there is a chapter about the direct impact of electromagnetic fields on plants (only 3 pages available online for free). “Plants seem to be using the very strong electrostatic fields associated with thunderstorms as a signal to let them make the best use of the rain (Goldsworthy 1996).”

Without getting into the details regarding the magnetic properties of water (because I’m to dumb) it seems to be proven that the magnetic treatment of water changes “the physicochemical properties of water …, shown as the decrease of surface tension and the increase of viscosity over the treatment time.”

Some of the research regarding the magnetic treatment of water revolves around the use of “brackish water”, meaning water with a salinity level between 0,5% to 3% for irrigation. There could be different mechanisms at work than in pure H20.

4 Likes

Excellent technique for reducing the balance of bank accounts

5 Likes

Why look up obscure references when you don’t understand basic concepts from high school?

2 Likes

Whether it be magnets, chanting, waiving a feather, growing in a dodecahedronal chamber, crystals, or whatever, you HAVE to be on enough psychedelics for it to be effective.
But seriously, how can you tell if your magnet is 1: strong enough, and 2: oriented in the correct polarity? I’d hate to waste my time from not having enough field strength, and even worse, having backwards magnetized water.

The field strengths mentioned in the sources I skimmed are surprisingly low. On the order of decent ferrite magnets strength, not even necessary to use Neos or other rate earth magnets.

The polarity should not matter realistically, as there are no magnetic monopoles and moving electric charges behave similar in both field polarities, only the MMF is 180 degrees flipped. Generally BH curves are symmetric. And I did see some mention of magnetic saturation, beyond which additional field strength has no further effect - which is a typical phenomenon in magnetic materials.

3 Likes

I’m gonna need to see more that volumes of words
Are there any Controlled Studies and side by sides?

2 Likes

yeah you’d have to buy it, or get it from the library. it delves into certain topics which a magnetic water treatment could modify, although you would have to really research these topics. have a great one.

1 Like