Are you Magnetizing your Water?

I was afraid of opening this thread. But thanks OP, it’s been an interesting subject to read upon. ill add some info i found. i found a paper dating back to 1999… surely theres more.

EDIT: took the links down as i also ended up finding info discrediting it citing inconclusive (at best) evidence.

so who knows… it was still interesting tho.

2 Likes

The paper linked in the first post refers to a series of controlled studies. Most of the research seems to come from the Arab world and Southeast Asia, as in these countries the use of brackish water (salinity levels up to 3%) in agriculture is common and magnetization treatment of irrigation water is said to alleviate salt stress on plants. There is a chance the results are all made up or there is publication bias.

2 Likes

Thanks for the links anyway. You seem to imply to have a deeper understanding of the topic. Maybe you want to share your opinion on the topic with the simpler folks?

Ahh I did not see the brackish water part.
This makes more sense now.
Well glad they have some tools to use
Grateful I don’t have to worry about salts
My well water tests bright yellow for ph
But a scoop of baking soda does the trick.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by the concept of magnetized water and its potential effects on plant growth. While it may seem like “esoteric bs” at first, the scientific articles you’ve found suggest that there’s some merit to it. The idea that magnetized water can alleviate abiotic stresses, save irrigation water, and even clean up heavy metal pollution is fascinating.

4 Likes

Basalt and Granite is a paramagnetic element one of the only two in existence naturally occurring i know of with the exception of garnet and that being a gem.why would one need to magnetize our water if we put at least one of these in our soil?All my beds have powdered Basalt about 50lbs worth

2 Likes

Never said that! anyways, I would look at ion currents and resonance (maybe a hodgkin huxley model?)! general understanding of something like the gibbs energy equation as this pertains to electrophysiology of plants could help also. If you don’t really understand bioelectromagnetism, anything to do with magnetization of a medium will not help. I also have added basalt in the past, but this is for increasing beneficial paramagnetic (paramagnetism) qualities of the substrate or media

3 Likes

Basalt dust sure works as a soil amendment:

Interesting that the paper doesn’t even mention it’s paramagnetic properties. I have little doubt that there is something going on beyond the enrichment of the soil with macro and micronutrients but paramagnetic soil amendments does not seem a hot topic in plant research.

2 Likes

@JohnnyAce Clackamas Coot talks about basallt and granite paramagnetic qualities keeping balance in the soil on a Future Cannabis Project episode on youtube i think hes on to Something the study you mentioned is a bit one dimensional and does not even mention CEC Cation Exchange Capacity with what positive and negative charges effects do with

nutrients in a soil So lets not Schrödinger’s cat This because we cant see it but i suspect their point wasn’t going as further into detail as this discussion was it was to see what it added as an amendment not what the effects of paramagnetic elements are on nutrient exchange So it was never going to be in that article to begin with, total different direction . The study Says a lot besides throwing Nitrogen Calmag and Boron at our problems so it has that going on for it.Clackamas has a soil recipe that is amazing been using it for years now.Im pretty sure it works well His whole soil mix has Malted two row barley and tons of ECW so thats not the whole thing just a part mentions The CEC for a familiarity with it

2 Likes

Someones been listening to The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological, And Electro-Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness.

I like grape grows recipes^
I used these before developing my own

2 Likes

I used to use the full coots mix but now i just supplement ECW fresh as i could get it and Malted Two row and basalt into this stuff right here Dr earth Pure gold It has pretty much everything but the neem and Karanga in it i dont have a big enough soil bug problem to warrant using it i use Dr zyme soil drenches periodically so it was an added expense and i got the results i wanted .

4 Likes

Absolutely correct. I linked the article because it is heavily cited, shows that Basalt works and seems to be representative how the positive effects of Basalt as a soil amendment are discussed in research (the article is briefly mentioning CEC btw.). In other words I did not find a study that was heavily cited and had a focus on the paramagnetic properties of basalt. But as I said I’m sure there is more to it.

A thing that comes to mind when reading about CEC is that a high CEC will also “attract” Heavy Metal(s).

Nice plants!

I would wonder how much basalt one would need to actually attract a toxic amount of heavy metals?From what i read its magnetism is so weak it’s barely magnetic at all its just enough to be noticed would one need a metric ton of it or say 100 lbs??

1 Like

A Higher CEC also affects heavy metal cations, leading to higher uptake of heavy metals by plants. This of course is only a problem if there are heavy metals in the soil.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338384705_EFFECT_OF_CHANGES_IN_SOIL_CATION_EXCHANGE_CAPACITY_ON_THE_RECLAMATION_OF_LEAD_BY_ELEUSINE_INDICA

I tend to go for Alfalfa over Kelp i keep seeing a lot of kelp products test positive for tons of heavy metals the alfalfa seems to be the better choice and has alot of the same nutrients in it.I think alot of the heavy metals are from using too much kelp thats loaded with them

1 Like