On the topic of Sugars and Plant Immunity

Via the Journal of Experimental Botany:

ers129.pdf (230.9 KB)

Mohammad Reza Bolouri Moghaddam, Wim Van den Ende, Sugars and plant innate immunity, Journal of Experimental Botany, Volume 63, Issue 11, 28 June 2012, Pages 3989–3998, https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/ers129

7 Likes

Awesome.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

National Geographic said “for plants exposed to playbacks of bee sounds (0.2 to 0.5 kilohertz) and similarly low-frequency sounds (0.05 to 1 kilohertz), the final analysis revealed an unmistakable response. Within three minutes of exposure to these recordings, sugar concentration in the plants increased from between 12 and 17 percent to 20 percent.”

Flowers hear buzzing of bees 0.2-0.5 kHz and increase sugar production.

I want to try this with Cannabis. Though the room would need to be acoustically designed so that the plant, person, audience in the room would actually be hearing that specific frequency.

3 Likes

I’m sure you could just play a recording of it near the plant if the speaker can play on that frequency. Nature doesn’t have any of that and plants still respond to the sound of bees.

2 Likes

Thanks for all this great information guys such a wealth of information here ! This is all in-line with what I’v read here and there about increasing the Brix readings in plants guess I need to get that refractometer I promised myself but never purchased yet !

2 Likes

Share your results when you do😁 I love learning

1 Like