Australian Rules 10.5/10.5 instead of 12/12

Hi all,

Some of you old timers will know abouot this method, but for those newbies or growers that have never heard of this I will explain.

Instead of putting your timers on a 12 on and 12 off schedule, you can get a harvest in quicker by approximatley 1 week using this method. I do beleive it will affect the yeilds slightly but if your in a hurry for what ever reason this might just help you.

By using 10.5/10.5 instead of 12/12 you are creating 8 days in a week, or more precisely 56 light on periods in 49 days. It helps if you have a programabel timer but it can be done manually with segmental timers too.

If you give 10.5/10.5 this totals a 21 hour day leaving and extra 3 hours of the day left, 3 hours x 7 days = 21 hours or an extra 10.5 on and 10.5 off, so over a 7 week period or 49 days your lights will have been on and off 56 times.

I hope this makes sense and I have explained it in easy enough format for you all to understand.

Examples for needing to do this are;

Your tenancy is coming to an end.
Your other half booked a non refundable holiday.
Your relatives or other person that doesnt need to know is coming to stay.
You needed to veg the extra week due to unforseen circumstances.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone if they should ever need to fit 8 weeks into 7 weeks :wink:

4 Likes

Classic, HAHAHAHAHA!

2 Likes

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but my circumstances could fall in the 1st reason stated, so I was wondering how it’s done on segment timer with 15 minute segments? Can it be? Thanks

@ozzie Anyone with the username “anon” with random numbers after it, is no longer on the site.

Might be someone familiar with this technique, but it’d probably be more effective to google it.

1 Like

You would have to adjust the segment timer manually everyday. You are better off going and grabbing a wifi timer or at least a digital one. They can be pretty dang cheap… I am redoing all mine with sonoff brand timers, controllers, etc. I recently tried an 18 on/18 off cycle for flower (don’t bother) . But I got to learn all about different timer limitations… Like a 7 day week predefined in the software. Which makes 36 hr days impossible to do without weekly interaction with the timer schedule. They were cheapy wifi plugs from Amazon though so I dealt with it… Until I switched back to 12/12.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Worcestershire_Farms and @Stusatwork. I just realised anon would be anonymous? Yeah I’m pretty cautious with electrical loads on shitty timers. Fire is the last thing any of us want! Landlord has to give 3 months, and hasn’t yet (not sure but may get lease extension anyway) so I reckon I’ll push them through on 12/12. Cheers

2 Likes