A Reveg Project for clones!

So, I have decided to reveg my last herb that I harvested. The buds were so dense and very frosty I feel it would be a good idea to keep the genetics around until I find another great strain.

Strain report: very frosty dense nugs that have such a sweet smell almost like fruit loops cereal but with a finish of earthy dankness. The strain is a zombie kush crossed with purple punch… the breeder is ripper seeds.

This is the progress of the reveg after 3 weeks of 18/6 and an initial top dress of organic 4.4.4.

21 Likes

Looks great
I do believe you should remove the buds at this point

But I myself never revegged any just something I read

Paps

3 Likes

Absolutely right, once there is a good amount of foliage those buds are just a magnet for mold and pests and the plant does not need them.

2 Likes

Tell me about reveg,so if you cut all the buds off the plant and turn the legs to 18/6 it will bud again

Usually make female pollen out of plants I like,saves space

4 Likes

No you have to leave those buds
on, leaves will grow from them. When you see some real nice regular leaves without deformities, trim the remaining bud. I run dwc so it’s easy to change directions for nutrients so when I flip from flower I do 18-6 for light and a half strength vegetative feeding (higher nitrogen) and then edge it higher and 4 to 6 weeks you will have new growth you can take cuts from and then chuck the reveg.

7 Likes

What kind of wizard shit is this?!? Teach me, Harry lol :mage:

5 Likes

Lolol …

I will take most of that bud structure off …will be tedious as most new growth is coming right out of the buds. But she is actually growing really fast. And as Qtip said I basically did exactly that…about a half dose of veg nutes and 18/6 and here we are

2 Likes

Yes this.

It will take awhile. 24/0, a little veg fert and time.

2 Likes

Too late for you, and obviously you made it without doing it, but another step is to trim your rootball back and re-pot into fresh dirt. You can find YouTube videos of it.

Some plants are so root bound by the time it finishes flowering, that it can be really hard to re-veg. That way, it’s fresh and ready to grow easily. As we all know, after three to four months in a pot the plant consumes almost everything and there isn’t a lot of room for the new root growth.

3 Likes

I suggest 24hrs of light for a while. I tried to make one work on16/8c but it never fully went back.

She stayed in this half flower state the whole time. Grew nice and big, but was clearly stuck between veg and flower. Eventually I put her into flower and it’s doing ok. Little larfy.

4 Likes

Yeah, some plants just won’t make the leap without more light. I have some stuck in the middle like that outside. It’s Sam’s Purple Poison Cookies and I triggered flowering by bringing it in the hose for a few days due to heavy storms. I had a light on for clones and seedlings and forgot to isolate the other plants.

Sure enough they started flowering and I gave them grow nutes again, but without putting it under 20 hours+ it wouldn’t come out if it. They’re both in 5 gallon felt pots and I didn’t want to run a 20 hour light cycle for just them. In hindsight, I should have and just ran more plants with it… oh well. It’s damn sure ready to blow up when she feels ready. Pretty close.

1 Like

Took most of the bud off. But it seems it is actually growing faster than it did in its original veg period.

1 Like

@Qtip … YOU WONDERFUL :unicorn: !!!
I’m gonna do this in my RDWC when the plants say “feed me more Seymore!”

1 Like

It has a bigger root mass to vegetation ratio. After you cut back a plant, the new growth takes off like crazy. I need to prune my bonsai moms every other week.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense, do you use your bonsais for clones

Yep, each one can provide at least a half dozen decent cuttings every few weeks,
Before

After

They get cut back like that every two weeks or so.

7 Likes

Damn nice, that’s pretty cool

She is filling out nicely cant wait to take and run my first clones. For those of you that have had experience with reveg, what are your thoughts in re flowering the entire plant???

1 Like

Its currently in the big tent I just put together …will be in there with a GSC autoflower and two Brain Cake photo periods that just got placed in their homes

Reflowing the same plant is doable, but you’ll have to transplant and do some heavy pruning to thin out those branches. Same if you were to bloom a plant that was used as a mother for a while.

2 Likes