Auto Training 101

Hey @Carty i do not mind at all and encourage others to post their pics and techniques.Its all about sharing our vast wealth of knowledge with the OG community…Great example of LST and the proof is in your pic of a beautiful bushy lady full of yummy colas.

6 Likes

I edited and added more pics to the 2nd post.

1 Like

Nice write up
Was just thinking about doing this my new grow,my last
Grow got out of hand

1 Like

Howdy Irish nice to see ya…I have been following your auto adventures.Its a great way to maximize your yield on autos and keep the bigger steains managable.Glad you found it helpful.If you need any input just ask,always happy to help.

4 Likes

That was my first auto grow did 5 plants got kinda wild lol in a 32-32-6ft tent
I’m doing another auto grow once my last 2 plants are done,I’m going to use plastic pots this time drill some holes for tie downs,I hate these fiber pots water goes everywhere

2 Likes

I bought some foil trays from the dollar store they fit perfect under the fabric pots…they can get messy but they work great for making new roots…

Plastic pots will holes drilled will work fine,or even use metal binder clips and save having to drill.

2 Likes

That’s good thinking

2 Likes

@Irishrocker Binder clips,twine and use plastic coated paper clips opened to an S .attach the twine to one hook of the S and the other hook to the branch,tie the other end of twine to the binder clip.

3 Likes

I use garden wire it’s a bit thicker than a paper clip, and I can cut it to the length I need, which allows tops that are taller to get pulled down on my photo plants.

5 Likes

Day 40 updated pics in 2nd post

6 Likes

Thanks, was hoping it was okay to share some photos… I grew Autos for 4yrs and quickly became the “Auto Guru” on another site. quickly proved the falsehood of no potency and poor yields… and that you “cannot” transplant autos… actually, they respond quite well…

I wanna share this again because it made all the difference in not getting stunted plants…

#1… no foods week 1
2 start in 1gal nursery pots, it allows the larger roots to get established so she stands up straight when loaded with buds…
3. Up pot to “fabric” after they show sex… this pot helps them establish feeder roots as it air trims the larger ones as they reach the edge of the pot… it’s the tiny feeder roots you want, not the larger ones… no root binding with Fabric Pots…
4. Autos need darkness to, they still have recessive genes and respond by producing more oils n such… I’d start mine on 20/4 during veg and

4 Likes

That garden twine works excellent and comes in a big roll cheap. I used to punch
Small holes around my plastic pots edges, then use fishing line… it was all I had. Lol
I also discovered getting away from the purple glow LEDs to daylight white my grows tripled in size . Spider Farmer.
Chech out an auto called. Transiberian Auto. Monster plants 4ft. Cheers guys

6 Likes

@Carty post away I encourage others to post their pics and techniques always looking for new tips.Plus it gives everyone different methods to try.

Great tips and techniques you posted…I agree the high end LED are better and produce more.But my start up budget covered a 4x8 tent 2 8in @ 2 4in inline fans,duct,1000w hps, the Leds i got bran new at a liquidation sale.Got 7 of the tolys with 7 timers glasses temp humidity meters for $350. 12 85l of premium promix plus fabric pots 150 poly grow bags.Started growing Sept 1st have the tent packed 32 days in flower plus a 4x6 closet flowering under the tolys.After my harvest i will be able to upgrade to high end lights.

The autos are doing fine under the burple for a small space it was a bonus add on grow as i got the 2seeds from a buddy here.I vegged them under 20/4 and at first pistils switched to 18/6 for flower.Just nice to have a couple of plants in the livingroom to admire growing.

This place is not far from me i am looking at buying 2 of the 800w dimmable ones…The specs are for the 600w.And the price seems good.May be able to haggle a discount for purchasing 2 or even 3.

3 Likes

New update for day 42 posted in the 2nd post

Have a great and blessed day all.

10 Likes

New update in post 2 full sun shots posted.Early November and Mother Nature has deceided for at least the next week,we should have mild sunny weather.9:30 am south facing on my balcony.Its toast getting hit by the sun.

8 Likes

not supposed to get that warm but mid 60’s next week. ill take it!

@moose71 Hey bro the air temp here hit 70f but on my sheltered balcony facing south with full sun it get 20 degrees warmer.Get 7hrs of full sun on them this time of year.And with them flowering and the sun low on the hozizon they get a ton of red rays which is perfect for flowering.Just a nice bonus for them.A week of 7hrs of full sun will give them a nice boost.

3 Likes

I’m using your paper clip idea, though not exactly for LST… snip snip
Mainline/manifold training.

10 Likes

@Seamonkey84 Its perfect for manifold training glad you found it useful bro.keeping those big fan leaves down will let your nodes explode up :+1:as each set of fan leaves grow and reach up keep pinning them down to keep your nodes fully exposed. Your plants are looking great.

6 Likes

Ah, so more Cow bells! Lol
But since they are over reaching the rim, I have an idea for catch tray/tie down points, or maybe a trellis to help with support… did I mentions those are staying in those little containers, 16oz challenge :crazy_face:

2 Likes