Auto Training 101

Yeah i been following it.Sadly i was not ready to start and join in.I love those 16oz challenges.Can grow some killer plants in a small container.

1 Like

My first go, Iā€™m still shocked by the plants that have been grown in the past challenges. I just hope to get my plants to finish. Iā€™m just put my first practice batch of bag seeds into bloom last week :rofl:. Just jumping in feet first after not growing for at least 12 years lol

1 Like

The best way to get back into growing is to jump right in with both feet.I started back after years to this my first run.Popped 44 seeds expecting half males.well only got 12 males out of 44 so it was crazy cramped time.So for space i had to flower them in 1gal bags.This first run will stock me with buds,moms and clones and let me get the gardens dialed in.But sure was not expecting that.Did not help that i never got told the MWCB were femminized so that was 6 females off the hop :rofl::rofl:

I love those 16oz challenges.Some of them grow killer plants especially the ones that do a mini hydro .Me i like my soil.I found on the 16oz cups a tomato cage turned upside down worked great for supporting them and you can vertical scrog them :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, that must of been a surprise :rofl:. Yea I hear you on the not going as planned part. If youā€™ve seen my log, I didnā€™t get all the parts to complete my tent till a few weeks ago, my plants veg for 3 months and had to be chopped back. Just getting started was a spur of the moment thing. I impulsively reached out to my friends brother that I hung out with before, got some infested clones that died. Then Sprouted seeds without any plan still. Now I still have to get more lights for my veg side of the tent, and more fans to blow on the plants.

1 Like

@Seamonkey84 i been tagging along your grow chuckling at how we both jumped head first back in after years of being away from it.

Its a never ending cycle.I barely had my tent up and going and my mind was already on 5 expansion projects.Next thing i had a list of i need this and this and this to and oh yet that also :rofl::rofl::rofl: now its 2 4x4 complete tent kits and 2 high end LED . And my buddy just said he is looking into acquiring a commercial license for me and renting a wharehouse.We have a ton of older empty wharehouses by the Lake 10 minutes from me can get 2000sq ft for $1000 a month.:exploding_head:

3 Likes

Holy crap thatā€™s a lot of space for pretty little. Especially with a license to sell!

I would say out of 100 factories and wharehouse 75% have been vacant for a long time.Its right down by Lake Ontario but off the grid from the highway and with all the residential expansion around the area getting 40ft plus tractor trailers down there is a bitch lol but would be perfect to set up a commercial grow in a vacant wharehouse.Even better a 5 minute walk and i can fish on my down time :wink:

3 Likes

Perfect! I havenā€™t fished nearly as much as I use to. Busy with kids and life. But I managed to get out with a buddy this weekend and cause some salmon (land locked Atlanticā€™s) running in shallow water in a lake, landed a 21ā€ on the fly rod.

1 Like

I saw that pretty fish laying in the net with your fly chat :grin: fun fish to catch on a 5weight ā€¦i dont get out as much any more either.So much to do and so little time to do itā€¦

Wow i cannot believe no one else has signed up to test heritagefarms new auto creation.Lebanese Red x Royal PurpleKush and he said you can make seeds with it just give him his creditā€¦cannot wait to run it.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried any autos, I like to make clones and keep mothers

1 Like

I have the 4x8 tent and 4x6 closet for my photo periodsā€¦set up a 5x5 closet for autos now.Then in the spring i can get 3 or 4 runs of autos off on my balcony along with a big tree of MWCBšŸ¤£ plus i want the 2 4x4 tent kits one for a 2nd veg area and one for seeding.

I love auto fems especially the ones that go 55 to 60days from seed.Also like regular autos for male selections to keep lines going.

To any of my american friends that like autos you may want to test these out.

4 Likes

Residential expansion sounds likevplenty of new " clients" just tell em your a gardener and sell plants not a. Shall i say it. A " drug" dealer LOL

1 Like

Youre gonna turn those into beasts lol

That will be impressive, honestly Iā€™m still wondering how they manage to keep the plants healthy through bloom in 16oz of space. Guess Iā€™ll find out sink or swim style. Does anyone know if 550 cord makes a decent wicking material?

1 Like

Be even bigger beasts if a tomato cage turned upside down is placed over it as a vertical scrog to and will support the plant

2 Likes

3days later now at day 46 from seed soak.We are taking advantage of Warm Sunny Nov days with a south facing balcony at 730am its already reading 72f on the thermoter.I have been getting the plants 7hrs of direct sun a day.The warm weather will last for another 4days

Full update being added to post 3

9 Likes

The 5th post has a full update and an intresting comparisson to look at.Still taking advantage of the sunshine on my balcony.

5 Likes

Post 4 has been updated

11 Likes

Looking good

So today I gave my @ReikoX family mix auto the LST method you described.

12 Likes