Auto Training 101

@Tejas Nice bro looks great.Your plant will fill in in no time.Now all the lower chutes will have a chance to fill in and catch up.Your welcome to keep posting pics here of your progress to if you want.Thanks for sharing and glad i could help :grin:

5 Likes

I defoliate pretty heavy, top once, let it grow a bit, and then do what you did here with clips and wire, open up the branches so light can penetrate all the way down to the floor.

2 Likes

Day 60 full update on post 4

9 Likes

They are looking real good!
Here’s what’s going on with the fem family mix I LST’d I probably should rotate the plant 180 degrees to even the canopy.

7 Likes

Looking great!! :v::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Well done!!!

3 Likes

@Tejas looking good bro. Pull those outside branches over if you can and spread the middle shoots out more it will really fill in and the shorter chutes will get a chance to catch up.

3 Likes

Need to get my binder clips out! :grin:

2 Likes

Get them out it will be worth it bro when you have a full canopy of dense colas growing.

2 Likes

@Tejas work them ladies its so worth the time training them.:wink::+1:

@Gpaw will have to send you some flower of each plant to let you have a taste of these 2 ladies so you can give your input on how they compared to the ones you grew out :grin:

Pulled the auto girls out to get some pics…Ripped is sure getting ripped in multi colas of buds with a sweet fruity cleanser aroma.

Ty-DoSpread this girl is a little beasty bush of colas.With a foul putered pungent aroma of lemon pledge and pinesol cleanser that makes you shake your head and shiver yet cannot but help to sniff her again.My only regrets with this girl is she cannot be cloned as she is growing into something special.And that i did not have any sts to make more seeds of her or other auto pollen to use on her

12 Likes

Your girls are most decidedly going to out produce mine!!
Major gains on the LST - well, that and you are a better grower :laughing: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Gpaw Lmao thanks bro but your grow skillls are on par with mine,wish i had a 100th of your electrical knowledge to make my own light set up without losing my mind or zapping myself into next week.

What kind of aromas did your N.L have these 2 girls have very different but pungent aromas.That started being noticeable that last 2weeks and the resin is starting to make sugar leafs.

2 Likes

Ah, you are checking up on my note taking… lets see…

I had two phenos, tall and short. The taller was weaker on the lateral branching (as usual).
At week 2 of flower the stem rub on the taller was, I swear, “Celery!” {that’s exactly what my notes say}. The shorter was sour cream, tangy metallic. But both were rather subdued compared to other grows. Two weeks later the stem rub on the taller was a mild ‘vegetable and rubber’ & the shorter a faint citrus.

By week five of flower all of the buds had a really nice citrus/pine smell but always subdued. You could run them in a stealth grow with out a carbon filter.

I had a ‘self induced’ pH disaster around the 5th week of flower.

So, the difference between experience and wisdom is:

Experience, you learn from your mistakes…
Wisdom, you learn from somebody else’s mistakes! :laughing:

I’m going to lay a little ‘wisdom’ on you here; always check your pH. Just because it hasn’t changed in three years doesn’t mean it won’t. :vulcan_salute:

I got nailed with a sour batch of water a couple weeks before harvest and it was a hot summer. Northern Lights autos do not like excursions into higher 85F range.

Those are my ‘excuses’, :innocent:: my weights came out at 65 grams dry for all three plants.

The smoke is a very smooth with a light pine/citrus aftertaste. Evenly balanced high.
I made tincture out of most of the buds. I’d describe that high as less cerebral and strongly ‘subsonic’.
That is a failure on my part that I can’t convey a better image of ‘subsonic’. Imagine feeling no THC effects, just earthquake energy and feint strobing.

Sorry for rambling, but that was fun!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@gpaw always a pleasure to hear your insightful,detailed and thorough input.Like Zepplin bangs out Ramble On :grin: i do check my ph daily as my building seems to be in an ever ongoing project of water issues and emergency repairs.Also notice at times there is a more pronounced chlorine smell to the water than other times.So i always let my water rest a few days and check ph before and after adding nutes…

I definitely have a citrus and pine aroma on Tyda i swear its like combining lemon pledge polish and pinesol cleaner…Ripped has a more sweet berry pine aroma and her leafs are broader.

3 Likes

@Gpaw these are some magic beans you gave me its now Day 70 from seed soak.The 2 girls are getting super cola structure now…In a couple of days i will update post 4 with a few changes to come in the next couple of days…Both are getting really greasy and the 2 different aroma profiles are both more pronounced daily…

Ty-Do Spread has a very sharp hit you in the nostrils eye water fuel lemon pledge polish, pinesol cleanser stench.I believe she has 27 colas to her make up from LST ,tucking and pruning.She is sucking up the water and 1/2 strength pro mix organic fert 20 14 14 and full strength beastie bloomz 0 52 32
She is a full on auto she started pushing pistils at the 3week mark been under 19 5 light cycle.I figure she will take a 100 to 105 days to finish and will yield great.She will get well fed the next couple of weeks.

Front row of colas

Middle Row of Colas

Cannot fit her in for a full over head look

Took some cola pics with just the veg lights on and the bloom off got better color…

Ripped is coming on strong.Getting the same watering and feed as her sister.Getting real greasy and her fuel berry citrus polish, pinesol aroma is sharp but not eye watering like her sister.Because of being stunted as a seedling she is about 10days behind her sister.

6 Likes

Superb results!
:clap: :sunglasses:
What is your estimate for harvest date?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@Gpaw hey bro i figure they have another 30 days to go.The buds are still growing bigger with tons of new pistils and still have to hit the fatten up stage.I expect to get 112g per plant dry wieght easy and think TyDo have the chance to double that.

2 Likes

@Gpaw day 71 here is a reference for a cola.Holding a 1L spray bottle beside it.There is one cola on each plant will give 28g dried easy another 30 that will give 14g and 20 that should give between 3.5 and 7g…Especially now that i have space to open it even more to finish.

7 Likes

Just fabulous love the forearm colas

1 Like

Thanks bro.Loving this grow and the results i have been getting and have now amped it up to get the full potential of these girls…

I did some cleaning and re-arranging to increase the yield even more for the last 3 weeks.Last pic of the 2 girls together.

I have split up the 2 girls…Tydo is now in the rack by herself and will get 200w of burple Led to finish.She should really thicken up now that she can be fully stretched open to finish.Tydo looks like the 2 plants by herself now spread open :grin:

Two pics to fit her full canopy in

I think I will have to start a guess the yield contest soon for all those who have posted on the thread.

Ripped in her own place now currently under 100w burple LEd Will have a 2nd 100w on her tomorrow.She will fatten real nice now that she has space to open up

2 shots overhead to fit her in

Some of her sweet stinky colas

8 Likes