Autoflower lighting question

What happens if I start autoflowers under 12/12 light? Will they still veg for x amount of time then flower? Or will they flower right away?

3 Likes

They will still flower exactly when they decide they want to. Usually 25 days after sprouting…
You could give them only 8 hours light a day, and it would still be the same.

Less light means smaller buds though.

4 Likes

They will veg and flower normally, but they will get fewer photons because the lights are on for fewer hours.

3 Likes

The reason I’m asking, is I have a heated greenhouse, but I dont want to use extra light. So I can start autos out there for selfing for auto fems for the springtime. I’m just wondering if they would grow fir a bit before flowering or start flowering from seedling stage

1 Like

They will grow as normal, they are not triggered by day length.

3 Likes

Can’t add to what @ReikoX said above :slight_smile:

1 Like

They will grow per normal, if anything their time span may lengthen and take a little longer to finish just cause they aren’t getting as much energy say comparably to a longer day span withe equal light intensity.

3 Likes

The autos will start to flower on a set schedule, it has little to do with amount of light. If it will grow to maturity in 65 to 70 days under 24/0, it will do about the same under 12/12 as a much smaller plant with much smaller buds.

I ran the same strain indoors vs out this year (meph forgotten cookies). Indoors was 20/4. They were finished within 2 days of each other. Indoor harvest was almost twice as much (130g vs 70), buds were tighter and tastier.

There IS a pic somewhere I think on a Mephisto thread of my plants side by side.

1 Like

I run all my autos 12-12 lighting grew then for 2 years straight
Did loads of experiments lol ran them 24 hour 18-6 12-12
They all grow the same,if the genetics are good
That’s just me

1 Like

Mephisto-Genetics-Basic-Grow Guide-2017 V1 (1).pdf (1.5 MB)

2 Likes