Can I add a fem autoflower in the same tent as a fem photoperiod?

So this may sound like a silly question. But I currently have a female in Veg @18-6 light cycle… And I plan on keeping her here for awhile. Can I simply add a autoflower to the same room? Or is it a bad idea? If anyone knows the answer… Can let me know ASAP? Respect

5 Likes

Autoflowers flower under any duration of light so you should be good AFAIK :ok_hand:

Infact I had this exact scenario during my CBD medgom grow recently. Just let them do their thing during the veg time of my other plants then flipped light schedule to 12/12 when the photos were ready.

5 Likes

Yeah you can do that no problem. The only issue is if you flower a photo plant, they need ~12hrs of light/dark, the auto will still need 20/24hrs lights on to be the best it can. If the auto has to get 12hrs light/dark then you’ll get less yield from it.

9 Likes

I’m actually thinking of simply keeping it at 18-6 until the autos are done… Than I can flip the photoperiod to Flower and start 2 others in my Veg tent!

6 Likes

As others have said above are all true just keep the auto in there on 18/6 while your photos are in veg and you will be good.
I am doing this now can’t post pic yet as phone died on me and lockdown here in uk aint helping but on track autos are on a life scale not so much a time scale ie from seed to harvest total on some strains 8-11 weeks not bad photos you have total control.
18hrs on 6hrs off I personally find works best 24hrs on just burns shit into the plant and if I am not mistaken someone please correct me but I am sure that cannabis plants in general (Auto or photo period) take 2hrs to fall asleep so 6hrs allows a plant to relax chill soak up the energy and get ready for next round.
12hrs on 12hrs off does effect weight etc… in end imho could be wrong
Hope helps
Stay Safe All

2 Likes

I’ve done that - no problems.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Tbh I’m darn sure I heard the same thing! It’s best to allow a cannabis plant at least 2 hrs sleep in a 24hr period. Don’t get me wrong… YES it can be done! But from my understanding 20 on 4 off is kinda the sweet spot. 18/6 is alil light on the light & 24on & 22/2 is basically pushing the plants just beyond their limits! I’m sure genetics, strain & environment all have an effect to some extent and I’m not sure how to weigh all that in. Lol… I just needed to be sure before I made the choice before I started a seed! Can’t waste any beans these days!!!

1 Like