Semi-autos? 12/12 or 18/6?

I took these cuts months ago from plants that I flowered under 12/12.
I was convinced they were revegging but sorta always had some new pistils coming the whole time. Now they look like they’re starting to stack. They were rooted under 24/0 and have been at 18/6 for weeks but never less. They just up potted from a quart to 5 gallons of soil last nite.
My question is should I flower them like photos or autos? Maybe they’ll revert back to veg with less stress from having more soil?

3 Likes

I don’t understand the question.

If they are photoperiod plants, they will need 12/12 to initiate the flowering cycle.

3 Likes

I guess I’m not sure what they are. They’re cuttings from plants I grew from seed. The seeds came from 2 mephisto autos grown partially outdoors. I thought they were herm seeds but they only threw a few pistils after 40 days of 24/0 light. Then flipped them to 12/12 and finished well. These clones also seem to be half flowering under veg light schedule

1 Like

I’ve never had a Mephisto auto that didn’t automatically flower, but I guess it’s a thing. I’ve taken months to flip one female back to veg. Since it’s at least supposed to be an auto, reverting to veg might be a chore.

1 Like

Some autoflowers struggle to transition. A week or 2 of 12/12 usually kicks them into gear and they start to bud. Once you start to see pistils and bud sites forming switch back to the autoflower schedule and they “should” continue to flower. Plants that do this I’ve found end up huge so be prepared for some big plants.

4 Likes

Cuttings came from these monters

3 Likes