Autoflower soil

What soil is best for autos that’s not too hot?

1 Like

for me it comes down to cost it has to be something i can get local way too much money to ship soil with that said i used to use happy frog for most things. has recently been discontinued here in Canada have used pro mix black bag potting soil store was out of that as well so i picked up a bag of miracle grow tropical plants mix is a real course mix lava rock in it fast dry back it is supposed to help with fungus gnats had an auto entered in the solo cup challenge it was a male any way they i started one a week sooner both seem to be really liking it i have them netflixing and chilling.

1 Like

I love Happy Frog for seedlings. I’ve grown more seedlings in Buildasoil 3 and Happy Frog than any other, and they always love Happy Frog the most. I’ve heard it’s too hot for seedlings but that has never been my experience.

2 Likes

always worked good for me we can not get it up here now for some reason so am looking as well

1 Like

Try coco coir. It’s totally inert. Only nutrients a plant receives is the nutrients you decide to give it.
Coco requires you adjust your PH though and keep it stable throughout your grow BUT the yield is massively increased. Maybe read up on it. :v:

1 Like

And a lot more watering.

3 Likes

I’m loving KIS organics all-in-one with biochar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That depends on how you grow. You can buy coco now that both feeds for a few weeks and is ph stable. It’s how I grow with my autopots these days. In bloom though I’ve got to add bloom nutrients and adjust ph.
Google ph perfect nutrients. No more ph adjustments. Follow the feeding chart and your guaranteed bud. Perfect for a newbie.

3 Likes

That’s really interesting, ill check that out for sure.

2 Likes

@George will advise you. He swears by the stuff.

1 Like

I’ve been growing autos for a long time. Personally autos from my experience don’t need a weaker feed.
No different than flowering a small photo. That being said…

I have mixed somewhat overly complicated but well rounded soil mixes in the past…not really needed for a shorter cycle autos, as opposed to a longer photoperiod grow.

Get some promix Hp, gypsum worm castings or quality compost and a good 4-4-4 organic amendment.
Gaia or preferably black swallow farms, mix it into your promix according to directions…just add chlorine free water…maybe keep a bottle of organic bloom around just incase you have a few unhappy outliers that need a pick me up.
This is a very straight forward, easy way to grow good quality autos.

4 Likes

Buy yourself the cheapest bag of ProMix you can find and a big bag of #3 perlite. These and water are all you need for the first week of life for seedlings especially auto seedlings. I love the #3 perlite and so do autos.

5 Likes

You can use organic soil mix.

Once you know how it works it is most cheap and relaxed way of growing there is. I pay 190 euros for a bigbag(1100 liter) organic soil and 180 for a big bag(1100liter) worm castings.

Adds like lava powder and meal worm castings are also not very expensive in 20 kg bags.

After use you re-use.

3 Likes

I use a mix of FFOF w/ 25% perlite on the bottom half of a 3 or 5 gallon pot a sprinkle of Great White on top of that layer and the rest FFHF or FFSF w/ 25% perlite on top. That way they don’t hit the hot stuff till they can take it. Top dress with the FFOF as needed after 2 to 3 weeks or you can use DR Earths organic dry to fertilize in veg and the flowers girl in flower and have had very good luck. Call mag when needed. I also like to add some EWC as well! :wink::facepunch::+1::ok_hand::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

The hot stuf as in too many nutrients, but growing real organic that is very difficult.

1 Like

Coco coir and control nutes as it grows