Autoflowering repros and crosses (non brand specific)

Living “Down Under” it can be difficult to get your hands on quality seeds. Getting them into the country can be even harder and even when possible, it’s often a very expensive gamble :woozy_face:.

Over the years I’ve managed to put together a library of what I consider to be decent “genetics” (your views may differ) of both photo period and autoflower seeds.

After playing around the last few years with my own reg photo pollen chucking projects and natural progression to feminisation. I’m now going to try my hand at (hopefully) producing some decent autoflower seeds to share freely with my fellow of antipodean growers.

This seemed like the perfect place to post! (please let me know if otherwise :flushed:).

I want to concentrate on the 23 Mephisto strains (+7 freebie crosses), 9 NightOwl strains, 7 Gnome strains and couple of Binary Selections strains I have, as in my opinion they are the pick of the collection.

Anyway, enough of the speeches :sweat_smile:

This will be my first test at producing some feminised autoflower seeds. Already underway I have treated a Mephisto CDLC x Skywalker freebie as I wanted to get a feel for it all before I start with the “good stuff” :joy:

Here they(?) are at 30 days after popping it’s head up and sunning it’s cotys. 7 days after being treated with STS and already looking promising :crossed_fingers:.

14 Likes

The lack of Auto Regular seeds on the market (non-feminized) is interesting. I got a pack from Tony Green.

At first I thought the lack of regs was that most people who grow autos want fems because of limited space, compounded by the difficulty of transplanting autos. With photoperiod seeds you can wait until the males and females show their sex in small containers before transplanting into larger containers, not with autos though. Hence the fems.

But I am wondering if it’s more the difficulty in line work with autos that drives the fems. I imagine even with cross breeding auto parents that the auto trait will have variability beyond f3/f4, or perhaps it is hard to stabilize other qualities in the auto regulars. Well I plan on finding out!

1 Like

I would imagine that autos are hard to breed. That said, there’s no reason but marketing for them to sell us feminized seeds. I’m currently converting some Mephisto Double Grape to regular and if that works out I’m going after more Mephisto strains.

5 Likes

Autos are a little bit more complicated to breed, regs in my experience are always easier to find with photos

2 Likes

There is a strain out there from Night Owl seeds called Milk and Qookies auto that I have tried to find for a good while with no success. If anyone visiting this site has a pack I’ll make this proposition. I will take the pack and grow them out looking for the best quality plant, reverse it and make a whole bunch of S1 fem seeds. I will split the seeds 50/50 with whoever shares their pack with me. I do all the work and get seeds of a strain I very much want in my seed vault. You get a ton of seeds to grow, share, trade with your OG buddies.

5 Likes

Been baking beans all winter. im addicted to chucking.
Critical nevellis haze auto x Purple Thunder Wild Berry zkittlez f4 x Thors hammer f4
Auto Duck X Purple Thunder Wild Berry zkittlez f4 x Thors hammer f4
Auto duck x spyderweb 21’
Auto tao X thors hammer f5
Banna daddy IBL x thors hammer
Auto Tao X Syrian landrace (recessive autoflowering gene)

it all started with the plan to cross Top Tao Auto Haze with Neville to get some Neville genes in Regular auto form.
10 fuckin Auto taos and i never got a male… Made a bunch of chucks to fill the void.
I was just going to buy new packs of Critical nevilles haze auto and top tao. And i saw delicious seeds released critical-neville-haze-regular-auto only a week or so after i started my project. kinda crazy…
Im glad they did. At least one company is hearing our cry for the lack of regular auto flowers.

3 Likes

Just popped a bunch of autos… Best of the Bunch is Jammy Dodgers 2 x Blueberry Sativa auto Regs (pic 3), folllwed by two very nice Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama. Also have three great looking Blueberry F7+ and two little mutants. All are outgrowing Cereal Milk S1 (pic 2) and Black Widow by a fair amount and drunken bastard by leaps and bounds :man_shrugging:

all were recently moved to pots if they were in plugs last night, JD2 x Blueberry right before it’s moved new sandy home. Also threw two of the less developed seeds in a small pot.

4 Likes

Milk and Qookies F2- (Forum Stomper F4 x Cosmic Queen F4) X (Forum Stomper F4 x Cosmic Queen F4) will be available in Daz’s Easter drop 3/29 at 10pm Eastern :+1:

EDIT : I noticed he’s got Strawberry Cheesequake- Strawberry Milk and Qookies S1 Cheesy Fruit Pheno listed too.

4 Likes

Hey @joheimgrohen what ingredients went into making your Scoutcicle?

2 Likes

Somebody buy a couple packs of the Milk & Qookies, send them to me and I’ll make a couple thousand seeds and return 3/4 of said seeds back to the person who sent me the originals. You invest $100 and I send you enough trade material to last for a couple years.

Just throwing that offer out there.

5 Likes

This is what I’ve always followed, that the F1 generation has no autos. Like that chart.

2 Likes

Same, and then the F2 will contain a mix of photos, “stallers” and autos to further hunt.

1 Like

For two reasons I brush on my STS solution. First I’m thrifty and save a good bit of STS solution brushing it on like a missle guided by a drone. Second there is no overspray to negatively affect any other parts of the plant or the other plants in the tent.

3 Likes

Scoutcicle is G13Labs auto Froyo x Johnny Potseed’s (GSCauto x Black Cream auto)

3 Likes

I isolate the branch to be flipped by bagging up the rest of the plant. And spritz away, easier than painting. Somewhere around 50 ml will make all 4 of my treatments for 1 branch

2 Likes

I’m thinking it might be fun to get a small group of auto growers / seed makers together and do a joint seed run. Say like 5 or 6 guys, each one growing a different strain and reversing it to make seeds for themself and to share with the other 5 or 6 guys. So at the end of a seed run you will have fem seeds of all of the strains. I’m thinking 25 seeds of each strain would be a nice number. And we discuss the strains we’re running so everyone is excited for the other guys/gals strains.

Heck I would go so far as to put up a list of 6 or 8 strains I’m wanting to repro and ya’ll can pick the winner.

You up for something like this @repins12 , @ReikoX , @Carty , @Going2fast , @Mad_Barry , @Cbizzle , @joheimgrohen , @pharmerfil , @Mr.Sparkle just to name a few.

12 Likes

Aw man, I like where this thread is going.

5 Likes

Just need 5 more growers to join and we can get this started. The strains below I have in hand are the next strains I will be growing. I really have no room to grow one but will make room as all it takes is a small light over top of the plant pretty much anywhere! Let’s have some fun and comradery.

These are all brand new unopened breeders packs.

Mephisto
#52 Double Smile
Northern Cheese Haze
Fugue State
Walter White
Sour Livers

Night Owl
Head Cheeze Auto
The Mandela Effect

World of Seeds
Neville’s Haze Ryder

6 Likes

I can’t commit to growing others stuff, though I may jump in there, and I can certainly offer up additional strains if people would like. Or breeder packs (Mephisto, night owl, Barney’s, etc) for anyone wanting to do a reproduction, and I need testers badly :crazy_face:

In fact, I have a lot of regs that I’d like to feminize, or move forward a gen, but never will, if anyone wants to play around with making fems from regs…

I’ve also have a Silver Sunshine x auto project I started if anyone wants them make some autos in two gens :wink:

6 Likes

Have you got by chance Night Owl Milk and Qookies fem autos?

3 Likes