Autoflowering repros and crosses (non brand specific)

True, then logically, if you didn’t select out the autos a few generations down the road the auto would be bred out again. Dominant vs recessive.
I’m just postulating, I’m no geneticist.

1 Like

I’d kinda like to see a 10 foot auto. I got some of the same name (Thor’s Hammer) from another member here, don’t think it was from Mephisto though. His not (not Mephisto’s) “Sledgehammer” was a short little bush. Barely crested 16 inches.

2 Likes

I’ve got these as well that a local guy down the road from me gave me a few years ago.

3 Likes

Cool man, be cool to see what they do!

3 Likes

I’d have to read my conversation with him.
Was this an auto strain he made by crossing NYC Diesel photos to Care Bears auto or were these an auto cross that he f2’d?
If these are his f2’s then I would most likely get a bunch of photos in the mix?

1 Like

Seems an f2 of the full auto cross and labeled as auto reg. Is that accurate, no clue. :laughing:

1 Like

Which of the parents are auto?
Both? =full auto
Only one? Lottery.

1 Like

I found it.
NYC Diesel Auto x Care Bears Auto

1 Like

Solo II, puffco, and a Dynavap :joy:

1 Like

Might be your point, but often I’m selecting away from the auto donor. In those F2 I’m looking for the best plants, not the auto trait :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am doing an auto run for the first time this spring. Was convinced I would never do autos but more recently decided I want to give the indoor setup a break this year and autos seem to be a practical way to achieve a mid summer harvest without the headaches of small scale light dep.

I love making seeds with every grow so I got a few auto fems and a pack of Tony Greens GG4 RIL Auto Regs. Plan is to choose a couple males from the Tony Green pack and hit the bottom branches of each plant for seeds in every jar. The best jars win, and those seeds get popped next time. That’s the idea for now.

With this project, I am thinking to use 3 gal pots. I like using the same sized pot for all plants for comparison purposes, but I’m wondering if 3 gal ok across a range of auto genetics. For photo seed making, 2 gal has been great but probably too small for auto breeding?

6 Likes

The whole point of what we’re talking about is breeding for the auto trait; don’t make up some new reason you’re actually still right :roll_eyes: You’re just muddying the waters on a topic thats important to auto breeders.

And if you actually look you would understand that you could select a plant carrying two dominant photo genes in the f2 and then you certainly would not be anywhere near full auto at f4.

4 Likes

I’ve done well with autos in 3 gallon pots though they are a bit small. Last summer I grew autos outside in 5 gallon pots and below. My biggest problem besides too-cold nights was the pots heating up in the sun. So having a way to shade or keep the pots cool will make your plants happier.

I like your breeding strategy. It’s going to give you lots of good smoke with hopefully a lot of exciting diversity!

3 Likes

Living “Down Under” it can be difficult to get your hands on quality seeds. Getting them into the country can be even harder and even when possible, it’s often a very expensive gamble :woozy_face:.

Over the years I’ve managed to put together a library of what I consider to be decent “genetics” (your views may differ) of both photo period and autoflower seeds.

After playing around the last few years with my own reg photo pollen chucking projects and natural progression to feminisation. I’m now going to try my hand at (hopefully) producing some decent autoflower seeds to share freely with my fellow of antipodean growers.

This seemed like the perfect place to post! (please let me know if otherwise :flushed:).

I want to concentrate on the 23 Mephisto strains (+7 freebie crosses), 9 NightOwl strains, 7 Gnome strains and couple of Binary Selections strains I have, as in my opinion they are the pick of the collection.

Anyway, enough of the speeches :sweat_smile:

This will be my first test at producing some feminised autoflower seeds. Already underway I have treated a Mephisto CDLC x Skywalker freebie as I wanted to get a feel for it all before I start with the “good stuff” :joy:

Here they(?) are at 30 days after popping it’s head up and sunning it’s cotys. 7 days after being treated with STS and already looking promising :crossed_fingers:.

14 Likes

The lack of Auto Regular seeds on the market (non-feminized) is interesting. I got a pack from Tony Green.

At first I thought the lack of regs was that most people who grow autos want fems because of limited space, compounded by the difficulty of transplanting autos. With photoperiod seeds you can wait until the males and females show their sex in small containers before transplanting into larger containers, not with autos though. Hence the fems.

But I am wondering if it’s more the difficulty in line work with autos that drives the fems. I imagine even with cross breeding auto parents that the auto trait will have variability beyond f3/f4, or perhaps it is hard to stabilize other qualities in the auto regulars. Well I plan on finding out!

1 Like

I would imagine that autos are hard to breed. That said, there’s no reason but marketing for them to sell us feminized seeds. I’m currently converting some Mephisto Double Grape to regular and if that works out I’m going after more Mephisto strains.

5 Likes

Autos are a little bit more complicated to breed, regs in my experience are always easier to find with photos

2 Likes

There is a strain out there from Night Owl seeds called Milk and Qookies auto that I have tried to find for a good while with no success. If anyone visiting this site has a pack I’ll make this proposition. I will take the pack and grow them out looking for the best quality plant, reverse it and make a whole bunch of S1 fem seeds. I will split the seeds 50/50 with whoever shares their pack with me. I do all the work and get seeds of a strain I very much want in my seed vault. You get a ton of seeds to grow, share, trade with your OG buddies.

5 Likes

Been baking beans all winter. im addicted to chucking.
Critical nevellis haze auto x Purple Thunder Wild Berry zkittlez f4 x Thors hammer f4
Auto Duck X Purple Thunder Wild Berry zkittlez f4 x Thors hammer f4
Auto duck x spyderweb 21’
Auto tao X thors hammer f5
Banna daddy IBL x thors hammer
Auto Tao X Syrian landrace (recessive autoflowering gene)

it all started with the plan to cross Top Tao Auto Haze with Neville to get some Neville genes in Regular auto form.
10 fuckin Auto taos and i never got a male… Made a bunch of chucks to fill the void.
I was just going to buy new packs of Critical nevilles haze auto and top tao. And i saw delicious seeds released critical-neville-haze-regular-auto only a week or so after i started my project. kinda crazy…
Im glad they did. At least one company is hearing our cry for the lack of regular auto flowers.

3 Likes

Just popped a bunch of autos… Best of the Bunch is Jammy Dodgers 2 x Blueberry Sativa auto Regs (pic 3), folllwed by two very nice Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama. Also have three great looking Blueberry F7+ and two little mutants. All are outgrowing Cereal Milk S1 (pic 2) and Black Widow by a fair amount and drunken bastard by leaps and bounds :man_shrugging:

all were recently moved to pots if they were in plugs last night, JD2 x Blueberry right before it’s moved new sandy home. Also threw two of the less developed seeds in a small pot.

4 Likes