Autos and jacked up trichomes

Have you ever looked at the trichomes of an auto plant? I have looked at over 30 different examples of different plants over the past few years under a scope and have never once seen a nice even carpet of fat bulbous heads. Every single one has been a chaotic mess of thick stems, small heads, no heads, erratic placement and uneven trichome growth. I have been looking for an auto that has a nice even carpet of bulbous heads for hash making as they do the best job. Have you ever seen an auto that regularly produces a nice even carpet? I’m starting to think that it is not a feature possible with that seed type.

5 Likes

Your looking at the wrong autos lol.
Been a few years since I grew them
But Dinafems Moby dick was a carpet
Of frost that would equal any kick
Ass photo
It depends on the quality of the breeder.

2 Likes

by no means an expert in autos. ive only grown three strains from two different breeding companies… and about 10-15 plants in total… i quit them after finding them to have low potency (i imagine this is prob a breeder choice matter as well).

not sure if understand what you mean… ive found trichome coverage to be quite explosive on some autos… never really looked at them closely it was a few years ago, but could you be able to spot which are autos on these? (maybe theyre not close enough?)

Screen Shot 2024-08-01 at 8.08.57 PM

6 Likes

For sure you need different autos
Image_2024-07-31 10_08_17_999

Image_2024-07-19 10_29_08_636

5 Likes

One really need to look close for quality auto genetics - here is one Photon Pharms - his autos’ out grow Ethos , 420 Fast buds and is relatively cheap ($39.00 a pack) there are a few site that show case his work - Also HappyBird Seeds for some very interesting pholy-hybrids strains (very cheap seeds) (
Have grown both breeders genetics and was very impressed with end results Great yields with Photon and wild genetics with Happy Bird. Some of the Top breeders are Mephisto , Night Owl, Fast Buds Allos there is a “auto” forum “Auto Flower Network” FYI — If you plan it right in summer one can get 3 harvest (outside) ---- plant photos (fems) then some autos planted in May( harvest July)
then plant some autos at end of July – for a October harvest, just before you harvest your “main” photo harvest

1 Like

Photon farms just won an award in our local canna cup. They are on my short list to check out.

I should have told you what the pictures were. Ones Grape icecream (#1 and 2, I believe) outdoors. It’s drying now. The other is Scarlet Grapes. I’ve got a ZE in now, I’ll keep you updated. All seeds came from other OGers.

2 Likes

Definitely need to try new breeders. Mephisto used to be good, night owl, laughing hyena has some awesome strains. Autoseeds has some killer strains.

2 Likes