Backyard boogie

little white / off white / pale yellow spheres are eggs, removing them manually does help.
I think the moths look for existing eggs as a cue for where to lay them safely, so if you remove them early on it goes a log way. BT is also the best preventative as you know.

another tip- do not hang whole buds or branches to dry. if they are in bad shape, you will continue to lose bud to mold and pests. It is best to do an immediate trim right after harvest, and to gently cut the buds into their smallest possible individual pieces. This way you will have an efficient drying process, and you will be able to inspect the interior surface of the buds for hidden damage.

best of luck with your harvest, some years outdoor growing is practically a war of attrition haha. Just try to save what you can.

5 Likes

Picked off a few smaller worms. It’s discouraging to spray the BT and find worms 4 days later. Will spray again.

This auto is pretty cool looking. Not super resinous.

6 Likes

@zephyr see the two white dots? Are those eggs?

3 Likes

It is hard to be %100 certain based on a photo, but those definitely do look like eggs. They have the right color, placement, and size.

1 Like

I found the bt pretty dang effective. Is it getting washed off somehow? Double check mixing and application rates. It stopped everything units tracks for me. You may have a worse infestation though.

3 Likes

Still finding a few worms. Nothing game ending yet. This auto makes me happy to look at.

11 Likes

We’re all talking to ourselves

5 Likes

Cant be bothered with buckets of water and lemons and shit. Going with the bud shower instead of the bud wash. Wonder whats worse though, the dirt and BT residue or whatever is in my city tap water.

6 Likes

I’ve done that several times myself. I’m not gonna fill the buckets unless it’s a big plant that I’m harvesting, and I prefer more than one.

Most of the water will drop off, and in this case, the chlorine may even help us. It can help disinfect some of the junk on the buds. The added benefit is alot of the caterpillar and bird poop should rinse off. Sometimes improvising as we go along is how we become better, more flexible growers. Nice job!

5 Likes

The other one is still going. Think its day 60 or so. This one is supposedly a kush but it’s resin production leaves something to be desired and the smell isn’t great either. Dense though!

9 Likes

A bottom piece off of the purply one. Its whispy but smells nice. Grapey. Blueberryish.

8 Likes

The bigger one is pretty nice nugs but kinda standard tasting.

7 Likes

With flash

7 Likes

One more pic of the haul.

8 Likes

Great shots @Icculus!
Beautiful buds and beautiful work! :+1: :sunglasses:

ENJOY!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Thanks @gpaw! Fun to try the autos. Next outdoor season I will start early season. Probably use a net to keep off the moths too.

4 Likes

nice looking buds :slight_smile:

thank you for sharing your grow with us

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

3 Likes