Backyard boogie

Harvested the gelato cross. Couldn’t stand to water it anymore it was depressing to look at the bugs. Also I dont like day ruining smoke so early harvest should make for lite effect. Had my first go at a bud wash. If it was prized nugs Id be scared to do it. I threw half the plant in the garbage and when its done drying I might put the rest of it in there. So no stress dunking the plant in lemon and baking soda water and swishing it around. I noticed it didnt get the webs off completely but some junk definitely came off. The neighbor had really dusted the yard by cutting down some trees so I feel good about washing that off.

7 Likes

The autos are growing. Super late season but will be interesting. They are supposed to be quick autos so could be done in 5 more weeks. The damn worms got the bigger one already. But Ive got my BT back out and ready to battle.

7 Likes

The caterpillars are crazy. Ate pretty much all of my fan leaves. I just picked off 8 of them. Fat ones. Poop everywhere. Ill do the BT again in a few days but it may be a lost cause. Some other little worm found as well. Never seen it this bad.

5 Likes

Cleared off at least 15 caterpillars. Seems the BT doesn’t phase them. The plant has no fan leaves left but still alive and the buds smell good.

The two autos look nice. I assume the big node spacing is due to the shorter days (planted in August).

6 Likes

I had caterpillars eating down into my buds. It made the bud look like it was getting bud rot. The bt stopped them though. Weird you aren’t having luck with it. I got the safers brand. It really seems to be the ticket.

I had like 6 spots like this. None after spraying bt.

4 Likes

They aren’t eating a ton of the bud. YET. Probably 2% of the buds, which I cut off. But they ate every fan leaf on the plant completely. And pooped an insane amount all over the plant. I sprayed three days ago and Im still picking them off today. Not sure if you can see in my photo, they are the bright green type just over an inch long.

2 Likes

You may have to hit them again. Mine says respray every week. Maybe you didn’t get good coverage? Has it rained and washed it off? Many issues could be involved. That sucks man, keep after them.

1 Like

Hasn’t rained since the grow started. Socal… Actually it’s raining a little ash right now, but that’s a different story. Tonight was the first inspection I didnt see a worm. Maybe the BT from 3 days ago did work. Ive also spent a few hours picking them off. And trying to dust off the poops. I’ll spray BT again on Monday. I hate sprays. Next season if I do outdoor Ill try some netting to keep the moths out.

The autos look good so far. They wont produce much but I can likely inspect them easier as they are in containers.

2 Likes

I hear it takes a bit for it to work since they starve to death. Good deal, stay safe in the fires.

Unfortunately I picked off four more last night. Prob going to try to water no nutes a few times and chop this thing and see if I can salvage anything.

Wonder whats going on with this one I just spotted. Seems dead. Has a crazy colored bubble coming off of it.

3 Likes

Nice title, backyard boogie is what I always call my blended outdoor hash that I make with all the trim from my outdoor plants each year.

2 Likes

Harvested the caterpillar farm. Did a three stage bud wash. Even the third stage had poop coming off. Not much bud rot or bud damage but they ate every fan leaf and covered the plant in droppings. Maybe only 5% bud chomping though.

4 Likes

Alls well that ends well. I am away from my ladies for a week. I hope the wife hits them with the bt again soon!!!

A good bud wash is often helpful when outdoors for sure.

4 Likes

If I can get 2z of clean herb Ill be happy. It smells great actually. Wishing you luck with your caterpillar war. I have some autos I need to protect and haven’t done anything for yet. I need a spray bottle. My BT hooks up to the hose and it’s kind of a hassle and too much for my little backyard boogie. If I had trees it would be brilliant. Im still considering building a netted enclosure to cover them. I hate to buy more junk though.

2 Likes

Day 40 or so on the autos. One seems to be a purple pheno. Both nice looking plants. Tons of dew here in the morning. Thinking Ill bring them inside at night to avoid mold. Good idea? Bad idea? Maybe it will cut down on caterpillars too?

4 Likes

Smoke has pretty much cleared. The autos look good. Ive found I can move them under the awning at night to avoid dew in the morning. No signs of worms. Yet. Found this little bugger though. Not sure if its friend or foe.

6 Likes

Even after a three step budwash the worms were still crawling around the drying buds 5 days later. Somehow even a cocoon managed to survive and there was a moth flying around the garage.

The autos are fine. But the worms are coming. Found some little white balls on the top. Probably the eggs? Am I talking to myself here?

7 Likes

Trimming some up. Little buds are such a PITA to trim. Pretty sticky and pretty stinky. Wish it could have grown longer. Im going hard with the BT on the autos and hopefully they can survive the worm war.

6 Likes

Worms suck big time what you’ve got trimmed is looking good

2 Likes

You are not talking to yourself for sure! I’ve been following along. Those bastards suck. I had a war with them this year, but I won so far. I hit em hard and fast with bt and it stopped em in their tracks. I feel for you for sure. Next yeat I will start spraying it preventative in August.

4 Likes