Small Balcony Autoflower Grow SF Bay Area

I’m growing two White Widow and two Zkittles autoflowers from ILGM. Two of the plants started a few weeks later than the others. Temps averaging 67/55 with 8-9 hours of direct sunlight on my balcony. So far so good. Picture is about day 30 for the larger plants.

28 Likes

I’m still deciding if I should attempt some LST or just let them do their thing. I’m hoping to keep them below the top railing which is about 28" from the soil level.

20 Likes

Welcome to OG @puffpuffpass , glad you decided to join us. Even if you don’t do any LST you can always supercrop any branches that get too tall in the stretch. I realize they are auto’s but you can still supercrop them without ill effects IMO.

3 Likes

Nice selection!!
Happy growing!!

1 Like

Welcome to OG! Can’t wait to watch this grow.
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

They are loving that sunshine, if you bend them over a bit,more sunshine for those lower buds.

1 Like

I’m in sf as
Well
Depends what part of the city your in fog will kill them
Plants ,

2 Likes

Welcome @puffpuffpass It looks like your off to a great start.

1 Like

@Irishrocker I’m in Emeryville so we get a little more sun and less fog during the summer. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I’m out in the sunset,had to grow tomatoes in my grow tent fog was killing them lol

5 Likes

Yeah man, the last time I grew was 15 or so years back when I lived in the city near the GG park panhandle. The summer fog would have been a problem so I had a small closet grow. When I moved to the other side of the bridge it took me a while to get used to a regular warm summer. hah!

4 Likes

My wife is from Manila she can’t stand the cold my apartment is always in the 70’s,you can grow weed in my apartment without a tent it’s that hot lol

1 Like

I just did a little LST on the main stalks of the larger plants. Just a gentle bend over to the side of the pot. This is my first training attempt but it seems straight forward. I just noticed preflowers on 3 of 4 plants. Progress!

14 Likes

That will do the trick! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Cool bud, they will turn back up almost instantly. I super cropped my last auto and by the next day it had already turned up into the light. Just keep on top of it and it will grow any way you like.

1 Like

You aren’t kidding. I looked a few hours later and the growth areas are all facing upward. Very cool.

3 Likes

Yeah man, it’s quite amazing. That plant is built to find the light and it’s in a growth period now. Wait till you see it tomorrow. Good job trying LST. Before you know it you will be trying all sorts of training, it’s amazing how you can manipulate these plants to grow the way you want them to grow.

3 Likes

I need to get into this lst stuff,I think you can buy the clips on Amazon for it

1 Like

Yeah but string or plant ties will do just as well. Same with supercroping. I supercropped my last auto and it worked out perfect. First auto I have ever grown with a uniform canopy.

3 Likes

have a couple of younger plants growing at the minute I mite give it a whirl,watch a YouTube video lol