Backyard soil rejuvenation project

Now that the garden has grown in some, Ms. Smarty Pants aka Jezebel has decided she knows the paths in the veggie patch and has decided that she especially likes walking through the trellis and wandering through the zinnias to the other side. Ugh!

Took her out back tonight and as soon as I opened the gate there was the most a-MAZE-ing subtle sweet smell. The sweet peas are too far away so I rooted out the source. The dainty Stock! I knew it smelled good when you got your nose up to it in the day, but it fills the front part of the yard at night! OH! This is the whole reason why I garden! That smell. Mmm!

7 Likes

Absolutely Gorgeous Meesh!!

9 Likes

Tomatoeybutt. :dog2:

Betty built several “dens” under my rosemary bush before I gave up. I guess it’s a shady windbreak with smellygood & bees to eat. :upside_down:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Anyone know the approx dimensions of a full grown comfrey plant? I need to find a spot for it and just dont know how big it gets. @Sebring or @cannabissequoia maybe?

and Thank you @MomOnTheRun can’t wait to compare this months garden shot to next months. Everything is filling in quite nicely!

3 Likes

Oh, that’s easy, 7-10 gallons at full growth, but I’d start them in 1 gallon pots. Also, comfrey doesn’t mind sharing space. I had 8 in a 5 gallon with all of them flourishing. It’s really hard to kill them.

4 Likes

I was gonna put some directly in the ground. They do good in containers though?

1 Like

For the ground I’d space them at 1-2 foot on center, but they do great in pots too.

4 Likes

Just watched my first Petunia open

Stock, petite in stature, giant in scent

Row of zinnias

Calibracoa aka million bells. Really love this beauty

Tiger’s eye violas

Tomato butt Jezzy in her new nest. Grrr

9 Likes

They’ll get a few feet high and couple feet wide not to big!

3 Likes

I got my comfrey the day before, too. I’m excited. My organic dreams are moving ahead!

peace

4 Likes

My first lily

11 Likes

She’s a beauty. Man, I have to show a few new ones myself. I’ll ave to upload them.

I’m having things pop up out of nowhere. With all of the rain this year, I have to keep looking. I have some pretty White Iris. And, some tulips. My Day Lillies will be another month. The lady who owned the house before me planted things all over. I have to be alert to find them all now. It’s fun!

peace

3 Likes

I’d love to see them!

2 Likes

Flowers…

peace

8 Likes

Looking good Meesh … Great job you’re doing :muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

What is the lavender coloured flower GMan? Hybrid tulip?

3 Likes

I believe you’re right. It’s some sort of tulip.

3 Likes

Since you had issues with these damn bugs thought I’d share!

8 Likes

It’s been a crazy last few days. Everything is growing at lightning speeds. Flowers starting everywhere. Got my first Nasturtium flower but an unexpected storm tore it up before I could snap a pic. Lily buds everywhere. Zinnia buds all over, all of the sunflowers are forming flowers now. Flowers on my bell pepper plants and they have doubled their size in the last week. Giant Pansies are in full bloom. New bareroot shade plants forming leaves (2 newest bleeding hearts, filagree hosta and hellebores). One of the 3 free geraniums has popped a leaf waiting on the other two and a flower is forming on the oriental poppies. :grin::blossom:

7 Likes

Just remembered that I have to do a cal/mag drench. Usually it’s the same day the housekeeper comes lol… alas she is ill. So I needed to write this down, just so I remember tomorrow. I had completely forgotten.

2 Likes