Backyard soil rejuvenation project

Hi there everyone,

Just thought I would share this :

K.

6 Likes

Ahh that’s funny as hell I was about to watch this one! Great minds think alike!

5 Likes

The second one is decent too :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk14Qyulc9E&t=160s

K.

4 Likes

Ya it’s unbelievable at times are what that women is able to achieve for those farmers and such! I’m right now trying to tip my soils to the fungal side of things to help deal with weeds easier!

6 Likes

Double Tiger Lilies

6 Likes

More Nasturtiums hiding under the leaves. Stoked as I was worried that with all the required soil nutrient drenched that she wouldn’t flower

7 Likes

Planted the comfrey crowns. 2 in a 5 gallon pot. Put a bit of azomite in the cheap outdoor organic bag soil. Watered in with some kelp and planted 1 in the ground

7 Likes

Backyard got scheduled cal-mag drench per soil test today. 2 weeks back to liquid fish drench as the drenches are every 2 weeks and alternate by month.

2 Likes

Looking good Meesh. I got my Comfrey separated and potted for me and a friend and I still have more to pot. Eventually, I’ll get one in a permanent spot.

Your flowers are kicking it. I’m only just planting seeds still. A friend stopped by today with 3 boxes full of organic heirloom seeds of veggies, flowers, and herbs. I get to pick what I want and take some seeds and then return them back to him.

Man, my gardening and organic dreams are slowly falling right into place. I really enjoy it every day. I hope I can learn enough to convince others in the process.

Happy thumbing!

peace

3 Likes

Rad! Did you do a dance? :smiley:

It’s magical, truly.

5 Likes

I’m still dancing, but I need to stop and go to sleep, heh. Man, I’m excited…

peace

2 Likes

Jaguar marigolds

And another shot of the birdhouse gourds as they are at the top of the trellis now

7 Likes

Wow, that Jaguar Marigold is awesome. Super vibrant colors.

K.

4 Likes

Just thought I would mix the marigolds up this year and try a few varieties. This one is pretty cool. Can’t wait for more flowers to bloom. These line the back side of the trellis behind the gourds you see there. On the other side of the trellis I planted some tall White vanilla hybrids that a bug invasion took out when they were seedlings. I was so bummed. I’ll try those again next year and I’ll order more than one pack too.

5 Likes

I really need to order some molasses for budding and a tea. Is it sulphered or unsulphered that I want? @GMan @Tinytuttle @Sunvalley @Sebring @ReikoX any of my organic growers. Sorry to tag you all but I need this stuff by Wed lol

4 Likes

Un sulfured is what ya need sulfur would have a negative effect on the microbes your trying to propagate I use this one!

you don’t want to dump large amounts into your brew bucket probably 1/4 cup max is all that is needed in 5 gallons I like to dissolved the molasses in hot water then add it to the final bucket

7 Likes

Yep, what he said.

They also sell an organic brand at most groceries or Walmart. Twice as much in a grow store or natural food store. It feeds the microbes and bacteria and only needed occasionally mixed in with a feeding or in between.

4 Likes

Unsulfured black strap molasses is what I use (non sweetened) … I have a 25L drum of the stuff :laughing:

3 Likes

@Sunvalley is not messing around ! You must do a lot of baking on the side as well? Lol

3 Likes

While we’re on the subject of Molasses

~$50 total including shipping, if you buy 4 gallons

4 Likes