Baked Beanz - what I'm working on now

Yes those!!!
I had a freebie pack of 6, iirc 2 didn’t pop and i ended up with one girl. Very, very nice.
I just got 7.2g of iceolator from the trim & fluff. Lubbly jubbly.

4 Likes

None of the Spitting Cobra have germed so far

6 Likes

well that sucks big time
I hope I still have some viable ones
they are old but at least a few should pop…
will have to try mine soon then

10 Likes

I still have a pack left that’s been in my bean fridge since release if either of you need it… @SamwellBB @avr1

9 Likes

@HolyAngel give Sam well first option and hope he grabs them, if not I will grab them for a winter pollination. The beans I have were not stored in a fridge

6 Likes

I started 5 Spitting Cobra seeds recently and only one made it to seedling. Luckily it’s a girl! They were stored well in the fridge the whole time.

Keep in mind that Sam put at least 15 beanz in those packs because he was worried specifically about low germ rates. He said their small size and pale color put him off. So maybe we’re are just seeing that theory playing out.

Either way, I’m excited to see what she can do.

12 Likes

the last few packs (sent out free) were the end of the beanz (except mine) and I thought it was better to just put as many as possible (good and bad) in there to be sure some would pop

I’m going to soak mine this afternoon to see what happens

@HolyAngel - I’ll get back to you but it’s already a bad time to send anything by mail - they say 40º C (104º F) this coming weekend - I’ll wait till a cool spell comes

13 Likes

no pic, it didn’t happen
here they are just before getting wet between the sheets
around 25 good looking beanz - I save good ones of course
still will have more in case they pop … or don’t

28 Likes

Is that rice 'n beans? :yum:

10 Likes

For sure, well I’ll continue to have them when/if you need them, just let me know whenever :+1:

Best of luck on those germinating, sending all the seed popping vibes your way :pray:

4 Likes

Sí señor !!
Rice and pea as they call it in Jamaica - yes I !!

jamaican-rice-peas-main

18 Likes

They call it red beans and rice in Louisiana. I miss that good food from the deep south

9 Likes

wassup with the rest you ask …?
here they are - @Meesh

the small MAC Cap’s cut clone is having a hard time - should pull thru though
the small Love Fire is the seedling which I saved by cloning/replanting
they are in the patio with an awning over them to protect them

25 Likes

update Spitting Cobra germination
1st day nothing of nothing (nada de nada in Spanish)
2nd day no show
3rd day came back from out of town and tails everywhere
yessireee !!!
tomorrow photos or it didn’t happen
gonna smoke some Mother’s Milk finger hash to celebrate :fire:
smoking mostly hash lately
some Blood Orange from 2017 the other night mellow and old school and my wife asked “what’s that ? smells great” - and it was mmmmmmmm…

30 Likes

here they are

now planted

37 Likes

Nice, glad you got some to hatch and play with :+1:

5 Likes

I’ve ended up with 5 strong & healthy Spitting Cobras, 14 seeds to start with, 5 didn’t germinate, one did but didn’t surface, and 3 are struggling so i’ll bin them if they don’t get going in the next few days.
5 should at least give me something to make seeds with.
12 Purple Poison Cookies seeds all germinated and are now enjoying some sunshine on my terrace.

16 Likes

I have 3 of 4 Frosted Valley seedlings. They’re in dirt and on their way. I may run my last 3 PPC, too. And…… :sunglasses:

10 Likes

got 14 maybe 15 of the Spitting Cobras up out of the dirt :fire:
we shall see if any more show up or any already up decide to end their lives early
some of these got some reasonable colas on 'em ha ha ha
from @Sunvalley

36 Likes

Bangers!! I miss it

10 Likes