Baked Beanz - what I'm working on now

the Darlins Nets had a little problem

here’s the group

but 2 of them went south fast - started turning yellow green color and then kinda wilting drying up.
didn’t help that I went away for vacation 5 days and then got sick
haven’t given up - they are outside just in case
one of these 2 was your favorite @SHSC-1 - sorry - anyone know what might have happened? - never seen this before
@SmokinJoeMGF

it’s been the hottest summer in many, many years which probably didn’t help

14 Likes

Did you flood them with water before you left :thinking:

2 Likes

@SamwellBB , while I have nothing to do with the breeding of this line… I have grown out a lot of seed from the original ones @SmokinJoeMGF gifted me several years ago , 2 packs we bought from the seedbanks and also F2’s … never seen any of them give up the ghost like the two in your pics. I would suspect something other than the genetics.

4 Likes

never crossed my mind that it was genetics :fire:
something happened, I did something wrong, could have been overwatered as @Shadey says, whatever just seeing if I can learn something else

4 Likes

I certainly thought about that but then why just those 2?

3 Likes

I agree with @Shadey
This is a damaged rot of the roots as a result of prolonged contact with water in the soil or mold in hydroponic systems.

my condolences…

4 Likes

Yeah you would think it would be the same for all of them, when I saw the leaf edge curl, which is usually the plant tying to hold on to moisture or slow expiration as it can’t breath, take oxygen through the roots enough.

Maybe a combination of to much water and something else.

6 Likes

When you watered before leaving, was the down plate with remaining water?
This summer I have some casualities and they have in common high temps, high rH and water in the plates.

Spanish:
¿Cuando los regaste antes de irte, quedó agua en la bandeja ?
Este verano tuve algunas bajas y lo que tenían en común eran altas temperaturas, alta humedad y agua sobrante del riego en las macetas.
También tuve/tengo algunos pequeños mosquitillos (no se el nombre- mosca de la humedad tal vez) de esos que aparecen en el sustrato, aunque le afecta a todas, las otras se me ven muy sanas.

1 Like

So I’ve been running some of Sam’s gear and here are a few.

Baked Alien Cookies doing its outdoor thing.

Wedding Cake x Gelato x Do-si-dos

Miracle Alien Cookies

Blood Orange x GG4

27 Likes

the Darlin’s Net plants - flipping today
reasonable size now and they stretched a little

@SHSC-1 - @SmokinJoeMGF

the 2 MAC stinkies in the front

29 Likes

God bless you plants are heavenly ,I enjoy you visual show of big bad beautiful genes @SamwellBB nice work good buddy…
OverGrow The World with love of herbs an spices…
Anyone know where to make a deal for purple durban poison ,devil Tit genes ,I’m sue I can naturalization to local climates of my a dam good try growing ,smoking the active Herbs Lol happy growing Peace…

2 Likes

I got lucky with my recent Baked Beanz seed drop. I was using what @misterbee sent me and had some problem seeds. Some were cracked and really small.

I dropped all there were of the Port Wine Cheese and the Purple Poison Cookies (#6 maybe) and only got 3 PWC and 1 PPC, but to my surprise I got 4 female out of 4 seeds so I felt much better. They sexed really fast and everyone was found at the same time, ha. It never goes that easy, huh? They’ll be growing inside soon and PPC is in a 7gal pot and 5gal for the other 3. I want buds! No males this year so all for smoke. I sure hope I get that magnificent PPC pheno I had the first time I grew it. :yum: :v:

11 Likes

Was just gifted some PPC looks like I’ll need to pop those sooner than later

4 Likes

I swear that one plant was the best I smoked in the last 7 years. Really a tasty smoke.

7 Likes

That’s a helluva recommendation! Nice

5 Likes

Here’s 3 PPC and 2 Frosted Cobra. One of the PPC is definitely a female. I’ll probably flip them in about a week

PPC

FC

20 Likes

Nice healthy looking plants all around :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

I ran the Frosted Valley last year. 3 high yielding plants. They were the favorite of everybody. It got smoked up first, too!

8 Likes

Good deal. I’m looking forward to smoking some of Sam’s stuff.

6 Likes

On that “Mini 25-Person Giveaway” WEDNESDAY/1200 EST, the BONUS will be HALF PACKS of @SamwellBB’s work, to include Purple Poison Cookies and others. Just sayin’, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes