Balcony with a view and Fatty's Live Vinegar House

Only thing I can think of is using white walls on the sides & back(balcony windows/doors) but it won’t even compare to direct unfiltered sunlight, so not really worth it. And as you say, you’re getting good smoke, so no worries.

Maybe make some clones & put them out in the “hills”(guerilla) & ignore until harvest. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Flash back to that post in the 2019 thread!

Yes that batched was made 2-2019

And today’s pic

6 Likes

One thing that may be working to my advantage is because of the type of light here in the tropics plants seem to finish early, I didn’t have any basis for this until I heard Breeder Steve say the same thing about his huge grows in Colombia… that basically whatever was taking 8 to 9 weeks indoors in North America was now finishing outdoors in 6 to 7 down there. So I understand that to mean the type of UV rays are more efficient than other places further from the equator. Perhaps that means my 3 to 4 hours I get of intense light a day is more equivalent to maybe 6 or 7 else where or I could be dreaming. Would love to know if there is any testing done in this area

7 Likes

Hello there. Just posting in your thread so I don’t lose track of it. I will be catching up on it later. You live in a interesting part of the world, and there is a friend of mine that will be heading down that way in a few months. I’m sure he would love to pick your brain.

4 Likes

Thank you @Upstate appreciate you having a look, you upstate NY?

3 Likes

It took a lot of trial and error but 3rd time lucky harvesting finished plants here in the jungle, I’ve been growing for 25 years and it’s definitely a humbling experience dealing with a bunch of new issues, always learning and adapting :call_me_hand:t4:

Bag seed Blueberry

Bag seed Banana Split :banana:

Bag Seed Strawberry Shortcake

26 Likes

Looks like it goes the distance, killer

4 Likes

Yep. Living in the Catskills in Upstate New York. Sounds like you’ve spent some time in a few different places. Ever make your way up here? Where in Central America are you living? Quite the change of environment for growing plants. You must have some terrible mold problems with some of the hybrids you are growing, or does the lab work so well that you don’t have many issues?
I noticed you mentioned you only get a few hours of Sun each day. Do you have one of those see through fiberglass roofs on your porch?

4 Likes

@Upstate I’ve never been but would love to visit hear it’s beautiful, one day. I was in Niagra falls area once that was the closest I got.

I live right by the lake of Nicaragua and the climate is surprisingly dry(9 months a year) with low humidity… the lake which has 2 volcanoes on it produces a thermal wind cycle and blows offshore 300 days a year so great place to grow most strains and those winds also make it a mecca for surfing so I actually have no real issues with mold but I do choose cultivars with open bud structure and try not to flower through the wettest months. I also top my plants so I get more medium heads rather than one cola that would mold easier.
I do have a semi transparent fiberglass roof which gives them most the days light then the sun hits direct from 1:30 till 5:30 ish.
LAB’S are definitely why I see basically no PM for sure, it’s good for that.
Are you in the legal area of NY?

10 Likes

Nice area. That area contains a very potent landrace I have only read about. It would be great if you came across it so someone could preserve it.
Surprised its dry there. You must be on the eastern side of the mts then? I didn’t realize it could be that dry anywhere in Central America. That breeze must be wonderful!
There is no legal weed in NY yet. Damn politicians dragging their feet, blaming it on covid, as if its existed since legal discussion began. Typical. Next year i guess. It was just announced this week that I have to wait another year. :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

If you have any links to information on that landrace I’d love to have a read. I’m yet to see any quality local stuff. It’s normally green crippy, Jamaican or Colombian brick weed.
Ahh I think I was mixing Vermont up with upstate NY, that’s shit they are still sitting on their hands with legalisation.
Speaking of upstate you ever listened to The Dopplegangaz?

1 Like

New York is very close on legalization …and home grow is in the legislation now. The governor stated this week that they have worked through and resolved over 600 issues and they are down to 2 . They have to do with driving under the influence and testing and determining that influence. They realize the ship is sailing and New York doesn’t want to miss It. Ian I would think Jamaican or Colombian seeds would be sought after. Have you ever planted any ?

2 Likes

No info myself. @Panamajock may have some info for you. You two are practically neighbors…Bodhi or some other strainhunter may have been looking for it. I can’t remember, sorry. I recall it was supposed to be very good.
It’s easy to confuse upstate and Vermont . Many similarities. Vermont’s towns have a quaint feel that upstate NY towns dont always have.
Doppelgangaz…why does that sound familiar? Is it a band?

1 Like

I can barely see the back of the ship. It left port a long time ago LOL

2 Likes

I haven’t popped any of those seeds yet, waiting till I have enough room to sex them then hopefully chuck some pollen too. I rarely smoke that brick stuff it tastes pretty bad but that’s more due to the handling of it, I’m sure there would be some interesting phenos to hunt

1 Like

The Doppelgangaz are actually from orange county NY, I thought they were from further North, they are a couple of cloaked out weirdos…I like them

3 Likes

Wow!!! Jelly of the view :heart: keep up the good work man!!!

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate you having a look

1 Like

Sun’s on it’s way down, almost time to give the girls the weekly dose or enzymes, vitamins and hormones. A fun little fact is the coconut is actually an embryo so the water from a young coco is literally full of life :coconut: :muscle:t4:

9 Likes

Purple Kush starting to throw some pistils

8 Likes