Baltimore Chapter 2 "The Wire"

Hey @Baltimore, glad to see you back around and getting better.

I’m trying to find a DM thread we had going and I’ll give it a bump when I do.

… and that Wilson looks amazing…!

4 Likes

You have me intrigued with the banana OG, I’ve never had the pleasure but I’m a HUGE OG guy and I love banana. Gonna have to find some for the OG project now. While I’m at it, You or Anyone reading this comes across Chem-Jones (Chemmy-Jones) or has it in their stash please let me know and I assure you I will make it worth your while. Been looking to replace this strain for almost 5 years now, still ZERO LUCK. Was the one and only sativa leaning hybrid I’ve loved EVER and it was the best pain relief for my back, neck and spasms I’ve ever experienced. Sadly she was lost and I’m having a helluva time relocating

4 Likes

Will do. Sometimes personal or particular cuts are lost to time or other projects. In a perfect world I would love to self the cuts to at least have a stamp of sorts of that cut. I had double spotted spider mites and they attacked my clones. I was wondering why the aero cloner wouldn’t keep them alive.:laughing:

Chemmy Jones. Like an old Jazz musician. Man that’s another strain. Chem. Had some selfs of it not a real cut but everything it touches it sets it on fire as well. I got a few banana g seeds from Mr. :honeybee: a while back. Haven’t got the space to run 98% of the genetics I have. In that sense it’s sad not to be able to enjoy every one quickly. I’d have emphazima.

There’s a breeder if you ever get around Umami Seed Co. They usually breed small batches of seeds from amazing cuts. They had a strain ‘truffles’ God damn I could kick myself. I have some really interesting stuff around. The Katsu Romulan crosses look great. Makes me wanna run some of the Rom crosses. Rom erry and whatnot.

Off topic. I have my neighbor a fat nugget of Wilson yesterday. He said he started sweating immediately then started throwing up. The only weed that had me like that is the MKage. My dude got turned around inside the harbor tunnel in rush hour. Mr all weed is the same. Lol. If your sweating on the second hit. It’s petrol…keep it at all costs! :grin::+1:

6 Likes

I think @schmarmpit just grew out the banana og clone and believe he said the only good thing about it was that it kinda smelled like unripe banana’s. Yield and potency left much to be desired and had a pretty long flower time too.

5 Likes

I am a big fan of katsu have been for a very long time. I have a couple of his rom crosses. He’s also a helluva guy. Very very informative, kind and generous. Reminds me of what I’ve heard, seen of Bodhi as well. I couldn’t agree more about Chem, TRUE Chem cuts are absolutely unreal. I’m actually on the hunt for some as we speak . Preferably Chem D, as all I have is crosses. But am hopefully getting some Casey Jones soon so if worse comes to worse I’ll recreate Chem Jones. Definitely won’t be exact but with enough phenos of each I’ll make several different crosses with the phenos. Keep clones and continue until I find it. I’ve even spoken to the creator (Connaseur) and have his blessing as he himself doesn’t even have any more beans. Go figure.

4 Likes

Really depends on the lineage I’d imagine. I find that’s one thing about OG. You can acquire so many strains but 50-75% the lineage is unknown or unbelievable or foggy. I try and find out any and all providence and document that as well. But it’s mind boggling how many have no clue. I’ve been told about the true banana OG many many times

4 Likes

Hey dude. Man around the time I was getting ready to run some SSDD, I got really sick and had some personal issues. I managed to save some of my best cuts. A few really. I will get around to those. I think Holy did a SSDD bx.:+1:

It feels good to be back posting. I really missed seeing all the different strains running. I usually pick strains based on good info from members here and stuff I’ve smoked. There’s some too notch growers here.

6 Likes

@rooted What’s up bud. Nice to be lurking again. Hope you’re all doing well. We’ll have to chop it up one day here. Be safe out here.:v::grin:

3 Likes

Sounds good, really glad you were able to save some stuff, and yea, I was lucky to get on @HolyAngel’s sign-up.

100%!

Thanks man.

5 Likes

Very cool Holy is a good dude. He’s about his business as well. I was just telling my bro. The tent is empty now.nit should be cleaned and have another run in it. I gotta get fully back in gear. I’ll be around more so now. I ve always love OG. Be safe dude.

5 Likes

You’re right about that I try to get to the source so there’s no wondering. Dudes by shit based on inflated numbers and unrealistic expectations.

The real grow monsters don’t need to drag there nuts about it on everyone. They just keep a loyal base. If you know you know. Don’t fight your gut either ya know. If it’s too good it probably is. I dunno. I grow shit and toss the losers.

4 Likes

Here’s a little zoom shot of the very bottom buds on the MAC baby plant I finished. I think the shutter speed or the flash in the dark while trying to focus kinda blurs what’s a little closer than the background.

12 Likes

Absolutely coated for bottoms! Nice

3 Likes

Here’s some Banner but it’s furred. It foxtailed hard. Granted, it was a huge plant for an indoor plant. This was a 1seed pop that was a female. I’ll skim through the rest of the pack looking for something close to the coveted #3 phenotype. It’s stature looks smallest and frosty.

Now this banner didn’t get trimmed really well because I was gonna powder the whole plant and make some gummies but upon further inspection it does have a good bit of potency. I benched it for the bottom feeder weed heads.:laughing:. JK.

I love my grass and people who are conneisuers of fine China. Lol. The Banner is potent regardless of how crispy it is so you take the good with the bad. You can’t be to hard on yourself. Sometimes a plant doesn’ do right.

I had it suffering from periods of dehydration and it caused it to foxtail. I could see the beautiful almost skittle like coloring to the buds and sugar leaf. Anyways it has a non sweet chocolate smell to the biggest buds…err the dankest spots. I’m gonna make a metal fan and bucket trimmer. I get the bulk off and clean the rest when I smoke for the most part.

This is a small bud. I have the main colas ina jar to keep whatever moisture is left. Ehh it is what it is ya know?

10 Likes

Dude it’s so fucking smelly. For it’s size, it must be loaded with resin.i can imagine how a really nice 4-5 footer would do. Man.:drooling_face:

3 Likes

Seems like the shoddy watering cycle put the Kibosh (almost) :wink: on this example of the OG’er strain from my photo contest I won for the Tropicana Cookies (black) cut. Anyways, I’m still trying to perfect the dry and cure and the variables like plant size, bud density, the in the room, as well as heaters or air-conditioning at the time of the drying phase.

What I ended up with was some foxtailing and leaves that were thrashed from the inconsistent watering. Excess minerals and fertilizers need to be washed out. I mean pot fully watered til water comes through at least. I imagine this could cause excessive leaf burn and and array of like not maturing properly and no flower power.

So I’m getting a bit better on each grow. Take the good with the bad then learn from it. No more pouting about one of 5 or 2 of 5 just not checking every box I’d like it to. In the end. It’s grass for medicine for myself. I’d love to have a the largest dry herb vaporizer for the grass that I overdry it is a wispy like sativa.

So here’s some of the OG’er inside of my plastic cookie tin. I like containers you can squeeze some air out. Like a one way one a Starbucks coffee bag. (Great idea) the weed bag that lets you squeeze most air out.:grin::+1:

Still trying to shoot better pictures to show the Trich coverage and the really light yellow green colors. I’ll have to check the photography threads for shooting grass. Y’all have a good one. Be safe. :v::grin:

15 Likes

Now the part that kills every grower. What to run in the next set? I have a couple free slots as well as what’s going on the ground this year. Its time to pop some stuff for my personal garden. This year I’m forgoing the pots for a slightly raised bed. I’m gonna grab one of those small weed eater type tillers since the other one I have is huge. Lol.

I’m leaning towards Tony’s GG or GB. I also wanna grow these Alien Rift beans I was blessed with. They were labeled as two different phenotype selections. That’s Ocean Grown Genetics I think. I’m also leaning toward the Formula 50 a White Fire pheno and Dog Trap (Red Eye) It’s a UW Purps x Loctite cross. That’s Loctite is a mean cross of GG.

There’s just so many. I got some MMS packs never opened and some In House gear. I hate trying to decide. Banana Cake? Wonder if that Ninja Fruit is Any good? Anyone ran any Katsu gear?

I have some Dracary’s, Xanadu, Bubba’s Breathe, Bubba Kush S1’s. I’m interested in the Xanadu because it’s supposedly Bodhi’s cut of Band Aid Haze n’ Bubba. I really want to run the new Romulan crosses at some point. That stuff has always looked killer.

Anyone have Romulan? What are some of y’all’s strains that you have to grow. I have to grow these Cali-O’s out. I’ve been waiting since I was a kid. Blah blah. Sorry I ramble. I just love to talk about grass.

10 Likes

:laughing: It also happens after smoking it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not a ramble, though. I just don’t have any growing experience with the strains you’re considering. So many choices! A nice problem to have :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Man, you’ve got some gems! Makin me jelly just reading that list lol. I absolutely love KATSU and almost anything he’s touched has some serious potential IMHO. Tony’s GG4 and GB are both $ as well. Hell I honestly don’t think you mentioned a single pack I wouldn’t love to pop…… I see your predicament. I’m an absolute bubba fiend so those would most likely sway me tbch though.

4 Likes

Ninja Fruit and Alien Rift are both held in high regard by the lumberjack boys ! And MMS especially if combined with katsu is a great choice as well. I know I’m not making it easier. I’ve yet to grow any IHG stuff but we all know they make fire too.

4 Likes