Banana slices replacing plugs for germ and clones?

I don’t know about bananas but I watched recently on YouTube a lady in an Asian country making cuttings using an unripe mango that’s still attached to the tree, she cut little squares in the top and the bottom of the mango and then filled the inside with soil and placed cuttings in the slots. And she was getting great results, pretty ingenious really.

I’m glad you did this experiment, back in the day I did a lot of experiment with these almighty plants we all love growing and sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t…one more thing, you can’t always believe what you see on Facebook, a lot of posts are fake and are just posted for likes and shares…
so far the seed thing in a banana don’t work and fake but what about trying it with a clone…That can be your next experiment, it might work better with a cuttings…I’m just saying & I’m just tossing it out there.

2 Likes

There’s like 3 people doing this?
I gotta say, this is a ridiculous exercise with no chance of a beneficial outcome compared to planting in soil. Cuttings would also be better off planted directly in soil.

But while you’re at it,
my mom told me that in the 70’s high schoolers used to say that you could smoke banana and it would get you high like weed. The rumor was that people would dry the banana skin, scrape off the white interior when it was dry, and smoke it.

So I say, cut out the middleman, and smoke your bananas.

5 Likes

Bananadine! Gets you like 10 time higher than meth!

Not really though haha

2 Likes

All right, I did the research I was asking about and the result is FAKE.

Seeds won’t even grow a tail of in the banana, I now think about tomatoes and if I am going to germinate a tomato seed I need to wash it because the gum of tomato don’t allow the seeds to germinate.

I think this is what happens with the banana and all the fruit, the juice protects the seeds but also prevent them from hatching.

I removed the seeds out of the hardened banana and place them in soil maybe I can save the seeds.

As for cuttings not even going to try, banana gets hard and rotten fast can’t be good for roots.

True that is faster to ditch the seeds in soil, we know it works, the point isn’t smoking the banana, just trying new bad things!

I am sorry to bring this up, lie videos are on the run, how I miss the 90s internet!

2 Likes

Looks/sounds like another experiment in the works bromigos…:joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Mother Earth, in all her wisdom, designed them to grow from the earth.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have another episode of Stoner Science Myth Busters to do… :+1: :wink:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I have been thinking about this thread since I read it and I truly think this will work, it has to be tweaked in one way or another…
I’ve done so many experiments w/marijuana just to prove that it’s just a myth and it does work…I love doing experiment like these and in all my life I’ve always been one of those people that thinks, once you give up you admit defeat and I rarely admit defeat…
I have my bananas so give some time (couple days)to think about it, I hope I get to do this experiment before I eat my 2 bananas…

4 Likes

Best read of the day right here! :rofl:

1 Like

I saw a video documenting the history of Mermaids. Are y’all saying it’s fake?

1 Like

I know, it was bullshit… If you open the banana you will see that the seed is intact, no tail what so ever.

Bummer but thank you for your input.

Better 2 than one doing the same mistake.

1 Like

This is why I think it will work…I bought this tomato from the grocery store and I was slicing it for my salad and this is what I found inside.

I ended up bringing them on a road trip to Florida for 1 month in February…when I got home from Florida I planted them in my garden.

5 Likes

Maybe with tomato, maybe one in a million, who knows? As a rule of thumb I always wash tomato seeds before germinating, and it is odd that they sprout inside the fruit, most fruits will decompose and no seed will sprout.
Maybe that tomato is a keeper!

With banana is impossible because: the seed you plant in the banana will be trapped within 24h by the banana hard shell developed on the cut, will dry and then will rot kind of fast so it is a no no, big fake the banana story.

2 of us already tested…so no point on the banana.

I think you have a very special tomato there, maybe that one will work with weed seeds or even clones, that was the main point of this experiments but since it is a scam… we won’t try to kill any clones on banana stumps but in that tomato, who knows man.

If I can use a fruit enzimes to do the same as clonex, I prefer the natural way.

1 Like

I ended up eating my bananas so when I get more I will give this banana experiment a shot…that tomatoe was from 2yrs. ago…and I planted them in my vegetable garden.

2 Likes

It’s a well known fact that you need to use plantains because of the extra starch content. And vitamins and amino acids and shit.

2 Likes

Vivipary, Latin for live birth.

Strawberries can do that trick too…

strawberry

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I remember this it was too funny to watch.

I must be your mom’s age. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I remember that myth, never tried. But there is a Brazilian song called bananatree leave and is about smoking the banana tree as a joke and in a cool way nothing fancy but always tought it was reffering to cannabos instead of banana tree leaves.

Cheers,
TC

1 Like