Banana strains that smell like banana laffy taffy

I’ve been looking for years(and several grows) for a cannabis cultivar that smells and tastes like a sweet banana almost laffy taffy kind of flavors. Anyone found anything successfully they can suggest?
Even better, u have any beans for it( I got plenty of cultivars to trade)?

@sebring giveaway for bama,nana pudding claims that in the description, any of those beans still laying around in some vaults or have grown out the cultivar and can attest to those flavors?

7 Likes

I’ve been wondering this as well, would love to find something with that banana alcohol smell.

4 Likes

Banana OG is the closest. I’ve been hoping to find it in landraces, allegedly the Malana from @Upstate has some banana terps. I’ve been asking around about Bodhi’s Ethiopian banana with no response, it’s supposed to be a pure Shashamene strain so I got some growing now in hopes I can find that Pheno. Doc D has a cross called Bananastan which is Ethiopian Banana (Bodhi’s Cut) x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani but I haven’t tried it. Someone in the doc d thread may have though. Lemme know if you find something, I’d put up a trade as well.

Edit: just did some looking and this guy on Strainly (copped from him before, he’s legit) has a bunch of banana og crosses up https://www.strainly.io/en/listings/406273-goin-bananas-by-nachos-and-el-sapo would be interested to see how these smoke. Think I’ll pull the trigger on these though https://www.strainly.io/en/listings/406169-malana-banana

2 Likes

I had a g13 from i49 that was straight banana laffy taffy, she was an easy grow too. Don’t know how prevalent the pheno is all 3 plants were pretty different in taste.

4 Likes

Ive got a couple banana og crosses going with no luck for the banana flavor. The bananastan would be interesting, actually have some of the old world paki( Bohdi vintage Pakistan x tom hill x18) flowering in my garden but no banana terps. I’m def gonna have to check him out! I think for my Summer run I’m gonna do an all banana grow so far I’ve got my hands on these that I haven’t had a chance to run

Banana cream pie( doing a seed run for it that u can find searching the name)
Fire og x banana og
Sour banana blast
platinum banana runtz punch
bananacane runtz
banana runtz
papaya x banana punch
cheese 99 x (banana puddintain x goji og)
gg4 x banana punch
banana sherbet x orange tree
banana sherbet x banana punch
banana kush* fem

These ones I’ve got currently flowering but not the terps I’m looking for

banana sherbet x Kush mints
Tropicana x banana og
strawberry banana x candyland

3 Likes

Got any beans still kicking around of it?

Nah, it was a 3 pack of freebies. I49.net still has them I think. They’re pretty reliable and not to pricey.

1 Like

I have not tried it myself but 7eastgenetics has Malana Banana

2 Likes

I know, mine are already on the way :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

I snagged a 10 pack aswell, good luck!

1 Like

Same to you!

1 Like

How the banana hunt been going?

2 Likes

my banana buttercups S1 by THCTitan actually smelled and tasted like banana laffy taffy. It was pleasant and extremely frosty…just not the biggest yielder from seedling run. My friend is running it from clone now.

2 Likes

I’ve got some of these. I’ve gotta try 'em

oh man, @HumblePie420 i say tossing even just 1 bean into a flower run is worth it just to check out thctitan’s seemingly ‘selective tunnel vision’ when it comes to trichome coverage and his breeding stock haha. its an impressively frosty lady.

1 Like

cool shot of the rosette like calyxes

3 Likes

Daaamn! Oh yeah, I’m gonna toss one into soil next weekend now.

Right!!! Lol I think you’ll be happy with this choice…keep me posted if you remember!!

2 Likes

Did you ever find the banana Laffy taffy you were looking for?

1 Like

I really want to try ethos banana daddy

1 Like